We Have All Been Gender Flipped is a TvTropes forum roleplay, started in December 2010 as a throwaway game among many, that quickly grew to a decent-sized thread (2200+ posts as of February 2011) with a core cast of characters and a basic plot. The premise is simple enough: Rule 63 has been applied to the forum posters, who resolve to go on a quest to change the characters into their original genders (That will be unlikely to happen anytime soon).
Until then, the gender-flipped characters have developed characteristics and personalities of their own, to the point where they bear little resemblance to their tropers. Among the many recurring characters, named after their posters, are Bisected 8, I Love Dogs, Sabre's Edge, The Girl With Pointy Ears, Hotelkilo, Motor-Runner and several others.
The roleplay appears to have been abandoned in April of 2019.
We Have All Been Gender Flipped contains examples of:
- Applied Phlebotinum: Element A (which can warp reality), Element B (which stablises element A) and convenium (a compound of A and B which causes reality to fluctuate nearby). Elements C and D apparently allow this to be controlled.
- The Bus Came Back:
- Hotel Kilo's return after an absence of some two months or so.
- Also Phoenixor, who wasn't best pleased about being left in Russia.
- Shadow Bender as well, who once got left behind in a Thai restaurant in another country.
- Cool Car: Their jeep and landboat combination, especially since they're all decked out with strategically placed hammerspace pockets.
- Cool Plane: Batty the Trainer Jet is a subversion, as she's slower than a 747 and can't carry very much.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Sabre occasionally lapses into bouts of Czech as a result of her link to her Czech-built L-39 Albatros trainer jet. (Turns out even "Batty" thinks that she's insane.)
- Hellish Pupils: Invoked by Enkufka, who changed to theatrical contact lenses meant to emulate red cat's eyes for effect when explaining her Trademark Favorite Food.
- Intoxication Ensues:
- Nightmare Fetishist: Sabre is one of these to a certain degree. She is, among other things, convinced that Megamaigkarp would be just plain adorable if she had aluminum siding welded to her.
- Only Sane Man: Well, woman, but Phoenix feels this way at times. She's learned to go with the flow.
- Product Placement: Eloise is notorious for this, including, The Economist, Toyota, Ben&Jerry's, Pizza Hut, Ford, Versace, and Android.
- Second Law of Gender Bending: I Love Dogs and Shadow Bender would rather stay as girls.
- Shaped Like Itself: "The reason you feel like you got a seven ton fighter jet dropped on you is that Cutlass here dropped a seven ton fighter jet."
- Stock Animal Diet: Bisected 8, as to be expected of cats, likes fish.
- Talkative Loon: Sabre appears to have conversations with her fighter jet "Batty" and something called the "Mushroom Choir".