Mrs. Krabappel leaves Skinner at the altar and starts dating Comic Book Guy.
- Bros Before Hoes: Nelson's answer when Krabappel asks him why he's mad at her altough he doesn't like Skinner.
- Milhouse dresses as Fallout Boy at the convention, having previously been cast as Fallout Boy in the failed film production of "Radioactive Man" during the eponymous episode.
- After Edna and Skinner break up, Skinner laments, "Bart's right, I am a wiener." This a reference to the graffiti Bart made back near the beginning of the first season.
- Creator Cameo: Matt Groening appears at the convention, in what essentially amounts to a two-minute promo for Futurama.
- Graceful Loser: Edna refuses to go back to Seymour, but she also turns down Comic Book Guy's marriage proposal.Comic Book Guy: There are a million valid reasons, but which one did you pick?
- Jerkass: Moe got Barney off the wagon so he could make more money off him.
- Literary Allusion Title: The title is an allusion to My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
- Nerds Speak Klingon: When Comic Book Guy tries to marry Mrs. Krabappel it is conducted in Klingon; apparently the guests (sci-fi convention attendees) can all understand it.Comic Book Guy: Edna, the Klingons have a romantic saying. (speaks Klingon) Roughly translated it means I would kill the children of a thousand planets just to see you smile.
Edna: Oh, that is the most romantic thing I've ever heard. Which is kinda sad if you think about it.
- Oh, Crap!: Groundskeeper Willie's reaction to seeing shredded red material coming out behind his tractor.Groundskeeper Willie: Oh my God! I've shredded a child! AGAIN!
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Willie's response to having potentially killed a child (albeit inadvertantly): head for the border.Groundskeeper Willie: Venezuela, here I come!
- Sucky School: Springfield Elementary only has one ball and when Willie accidentally runs it over, the only games the children can play during recess are games like "Dodge Rock and Volley Brick".Milhouse: I wanna play Dodge Rock! (is hit by a rock)Nelson: (off-screen) You're out!
- Teens Are Short: Averted, or possibly inverted. The Squeaky-Voiced Teen is One Head Taller than Mrs. Krabappel.