Mo' Linguish: When Mojo agrees to do some community service in lieu of jail-time by teaching at the Townsville Community College, he teaches his lengthy speeches to the people of Townsville, putting the city in a total stand still.
Oops, I Did It Again: The Professor dreams he had made three normal little girls after realizing all of his successes are mere accidents.
Mo' Linguish provides examples of:
- Big "NO!": Mojo Jojos reaction to being sentenced to teach at the Townsville Community College.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Mojo is eventually punished by being forced to learn to speak normally by the Talking Dog.
- Courtroom Episode: Downplayed; not an entire episode, but we do get to see Mojo Jojo being sentenced to community service by a judge.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Turned up to eleven when Mojo causes everyone in Townsville to adapt his style of speaking. Even Mojo himself lapses into this kind of speech more frequently than usual.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Averted; speaking the way Mojo Jojo does takes a lot of time, and when everyone starts doing it, it causes all of society to come to a standstill.
- Villainy-Free Villain: Really, all Mojo wanted to do was teach a class what he considered to be fine speaking skills.
Oops, I Did It Again provides examples of:
- Achievement In Ignorance: The Professor again. This time he accidently makes the girls some perfect sloppy joes due to a series of antics usually seen with a Walking Disaster Area.
- Alternate Self: the Run-of-the-mill girls to the Powerpuff Girls.
- All Just a Dream: The segment about the Professor creating regular girls is naturally just a dream.
- Continuity Nod: Bubbles brings up Dynamo as an example of the Professor creating something great on purpose, though the Professor doesn't agree with her considering the damage the machine caused and the angry reaction it got him from the Mayor.
- E.T. Gave Us Wi-Fi: Buttercup claims that aliens gave us Velcro.
- Hard-Work Montage: The Professor goes through one when trying to create something on purpose.
- Heroic BSoD: Professor Utonium suffers one after realizing that he's an accidental professor.
- Late for School: According to the Professor, this happens quite often to the run-of-the-mill-girls.
- Mythology Gag: The Run-of-the-mill girls are based on a design for the Powerpuff Girls that Craig McCracken considered using when a test audience reacted negatively to his original Powerpuff Girls design.
- Oh, Crap!: The Professor when he realizes to his shock that all his greatest inventions have been cases of Achievements in Ignorance, and he he never invented anything great on purpose.
- Opening Shout-Out: The Professor's dream opens with a mundanization of the show's usual Title Sequence. For example, instead of showing the Powerpuff Girls Atop a Mountain of Corpses, the new sequence shows the Run of the Mill Girls standing on a pile of laundry.
- Overly Long Gag: Betty, Buttercup's "Run of the Mill Girls" counterpart goes back to get her schoolbooks as soon as everyone's ready to go to school, causing the rest of her family to wait a long time for her until she comes back with the books. If she had superpowers like Buttercup, she would have gone and came back in no time flat.
- Spinning Clock Hands: Seen during the Professor's Hard-Work Montage.
- Series Continuity Error: In a flashback to when he created the Powerpuff Girls, the professor can be seen knocking over a vial of Chemical X, spilling the content into his formula. This, however, contradicts previous episodes (and The Movie) that showed Mojo Jojo was responsible for the accidental addition of Chemical X.
- Slice of Life: The whole run-of-the-mill girls segment is this, since the girls dont have superpowers in that reality.
- The Unreveal:
- At the end of the episode, the Professor accidentally spills chemical X on a petri dish, resulting in something that is, according to the girls, his greatest invention ever. Unfortunately, the thing in question remains off-screen and we never learn what exactly it is.
- The same thing can be said about the invention the Professor builds on purpose, only for to break down before we could see what it is.
- What If?: The basic premise of the episode is; what if the Powerpuff Girls had been created the way Professor Utonium originally intended, without the accidental addition of Chemical X?