The villainess Mask Scara defaces the posters, billboards, and people of Townsville after the Dull look replaces the Trashy look, effecting everyone except Blossom, who is one step ahead.
This episode provides examples of:
- Cosmetic Catastrophe: Mask Scara loves to deliberatie inflict this on people. Even the Powerpuff Girls (minus Blossom) and supervillains like Mojo Jojo, Fuzzy, Princess, The Gangrene Gang and even HIM are not safe.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Mask Scara even targets HIM, a demonic entity that may or may not be Satan himself, and has various supernatural powers. Surprisingly, it never comes back to bite her.
- Evil Is Petty: You'd think Mask Scara would be happy with HIM's makeup but...no, after a perplexed moment where she notices that he indeed sports the trashy look, she just paints him to look like a clown instead.
- Evil Laugh: Mask Scara has one.
- Freudian Excuse: Mask Scara was driven to villainy after her cosmetics empire collapsed when the trashy look ultimately went out of style.
- Humiliation Conga: Blossom suffers one at the end of the episode, after having managed to stay cosmetic-free the entire time and brags about always being 1 step ahead of everyone. She falls in a mud pool, then into wet paint, then has flour dumped on her, and finally gets covered with styrofoam peanuts.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: HIM is the last one to be painted by Mask Scara but after a perplexed moment where she notices that he's sporting the "trashy look" already...she just paints him like a clown.
- Mr. Exposition: Professor Utonium tells the Mayor, and thus the viewer, the origin of Mask Scara.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Bubbles tries to remove Mask Scaras cosmetics from Buttercup using her Ultrasonic Bubblesound, but ends ups destroying Townsville with it.
- The Prankster: The narrator describes Mask Scara as being this kind of villain, since all she does is deface people and objects with her make up.
- Sinister Silhouettes: The first time Mask Scara appears on screen, we see just her silhouette.
- Spiky Hair: Masc Scara has this.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: When none of the girls powers prove effective to remove Mask Scaras cosmetics, Professor Utonium states this is a job for a scientist.
- You Are Too Late: The Girls hope to catch Mask Scara at the unveiling of a new mural of the Mayor, believing it to be her next target. Unfortunately, Mask Scara has already beaten them to it by the time the unveiling starts.