Next: Supernatural S 12 E 23 All Along The Watchtower
Who We Are
Written by: Robert Berens
Directed by: John Showalter
Air date: May 18, 2017
Sam, Dean, and Toni work together to escape the bunker, before gathering other hunters for a showdown with the British Men of Letter.
- Anti-Magic: Ketch casts a spell that will negate any spell the Winchesters or Toni try to escape from the bunker.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Dr. Hess manages to kill one of the attacking hunters (who'd just shot her Mook Lieutenant) personally, and does try to put up a fight against the Hunters. That being said, she also does try to bargain for her life and being cornered by several of them.
- Big Damn Heroes: Mary shoots Ketch in the arm just as he's about to finish Dean off.
- Boom, Headshot!: Hess, Ketch, and at least one of the BMOL Mooks go out this way.
- The Bus Came Back: Not just Jody and Alex, but also Walt and Roy, the hunters who killed Sam and Dean all the way back in "Dark Side of the Moon".
- Character Death: Toni, Ketch, and Hess.
- Chekhov's Gun / Mundane Solution: Dean finally gets to use that grenade launcher, to escape the sealed bunker.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: the only way to really describe the hunters' assault the BMOL's base.
- Enemy Mine: When Sam has Hess at gunpoint, she has the gall to suggest they can all still team up to take down Lucifer. After a long pause, he says, "Pass," and shoots out the computer her mysterious superior was speaking through.
- Defiant to the End: Ketch simply tells the Winchesters that he knew they were killers as he's held at gunpoint.
- Internal Reveal: The hunters learn that Lucifer is back, and about Crowley's supposed death.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Dean does this to break Mary out of her BMOL brainwashing.
- Killed Offscreen: Toni.
- Mercy Lead: Discussed, Toni doesn't expect Dean to let her go after all that has happened but she asks for a "head start." "I'd like to see my son again." Ketch kills before she can be given one.
- Misfit Mobilization Moment: The remaining hunters, most of whom have never worked together, ban together to storm the British Men of Letters command post.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Jody and Alex taking down a brainwashed Mary.
- Redemption Equals Death: Toni helps Dean bring Mary back, but gets a Slashed Throat from Ketch about the time he breaks through.
- Redshirt Army: The British Men of Letter guards, although they do manage to kill two Hunters.
- Rousing Speech: Sam gives one to the hunters before the assault on the BMOL's base.
- Slashed Throat: How Ketch takes out Toni.
- Storming the Castle: The hunters attack the BMOL's base and kill everyone there, before blowing it up for good measure.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Hess' superior in London.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: One of the hunters taking part in the raid, a woman in a plaid shirt, isn't seen being killed, but isn't seen leaving along with Jody and the others survivors, making it vague as to whether she was Killed Offscreen or simply left by another route.