At least I didn't declassify Pluto from planet-status. Way to make all the little kids cry, Neil. That make you feel like a big man?
— Rodney McKay to Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Actor Allusion
KayleeKeller: Have you tried these strawberries?
- Always Save the Girl
- As Himself: both Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson
- McKay: Hey, I'm Dr. Rodney McKay, all right? 'Difficult' takes a few seconds, 'impossible' a few minutes.
- Dr. Keller I love you. Have for a while now.
- Celebrity Star: Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Get Ahold Of Yourself Man: Bill Nye even slaps him in the face
- Gone Horribly Right: The heat sink device was designed to draw heat from a contained space and dump it into another universe. Unfortunately, the sinking is a self-sustaining process.
- Insistent Terminology: "Not good" isn't necessarily "bad".Keller: You're kidding me, right?
- Locked in a Freezer
- Mile-High Club: It's implied that McKay and Keller join the club at the end of the episode at Keller's suggestion.
- Mundane Solution: Averted. Bill Nye suggests destroying the bridge device, but McKay says it could create a tear in spacetime.
- Only Sane Man: McKay is the only person at the presentation who expresses concerns over using a timespace bridge to dump heat into an alternate universe. He also proves to be the only one who can help deactivate the device.
- Keller the only medical doctor in a room full of Ph.D's has to fill this role as the worlds greatest geniuses all start bickering among themselves like children over who has the better idea because their pride gets in the way of solving the actual problem.
- Read the Fine Print: McKay balks at activating the heat transfer device "without our consent"; Tunney says this consent is included in the 200 page nondisclosure agreement everyone had to sign to attend the presentation.
- Shout-Out: The above mentioned Actor Allusion to Jewel Staites previous Sci-fi role
Tunney:(To Rodney) You're Smarter than me.Rodney:I know
- Keller mentioned her "Uncle George" hated the phrase "Save the Planet" which is a reference to a famous skit but George Carlin
- This Line
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Invoked by Keller and McKay. Saving the planet (such as from Global Warming) requires hard work from everyone, not quick fixes.
- Take That!: Rodney calls out Neil deGrasse Tyson for declassifying Pluto as a planet.
- Tempting Fate: Tunney repeatedly asserts that the heat transfer device is "completely safe", right up to the moment before it's activated.
- We Do the Impossible: McKay claims that, for him, "impossible [takes] a few minutes".
- We ARE Struggling Together: Most of the worlds greatest scientific minds are located in one room trying to solve a problem...they spend most of the time arguing with each other and shouting over each others ideas.