On a planet that's always night, Archer falls for a mysterious woman.
Tropes in this episode include:
- Ace Pilot: Archer claims that he can land a shuttlepod with his eyes closed.
- Call-Back: Trip mentions how particularly important Vulcans get mummified.
- Everyone Has Standards: The Eska may have no qualms about hunting wildlife on other worlds, but they don't go after primates.
- Hollywood Science: Trees and plant life, on a planet with no star!
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: The Eska come to Dakala specifically to hunt the wraiths.
- Night-Vision Goggles: Both the Eska and the Enterprise crew use them on Dakala.
- Noodle Incident: Trip mentions a poker game at Jupiter Station as an example of Archer doing something "really foolish."
- Paranoia Fuel: In-Universe—Hoshi tells Trip and Malcolm about bore worms that crawl into people's ears to lay their eggs.
- True Blue Femininity: The wraith-woman wears a blue nightgown.
- With Due Respect: T'Pol says this when asking Archer if he'd be so interested in finding out about the mysterious woman if it were a scantily-clad male. Guess she's not a Yaoi Fangirl.
- You Have to Believe Me!: Archer has a hard time trying to convince anyone that the woman he saw was real.
- You No Take Candle: It takes a while for the wraith-woman to become fluent in English.