Peg and Cat are at home building block towers. She claims that they will be the best block towers ever, with her favourite attribute being the fact that they used the same shapes. She finishes building them and admires them but then he knocks Peg's tower over by accident. Peg says that since they used the same shaped blocks, she can just copy Cat's tower, but he knocks his own tower over. This makes Peg sad, but then she remembers that she's previously drawn her tower on the wall, so she can just copy that.
They sing the 'Problem Solved' song when there's a knock at the door. It's Mrs. Sheep and Baby Fox and the former wants Peg and Cat to watch the latter. They agree, although reluctantly because they're busy with their block towers and Cat claims babies make him nervous.
They then sit Baby Fox on the living room floor where Peg says that she's the boss and lays some blocks out. They then go back to their block towers and Peg sings while they build. When the towers are done, they go to show Baby Fox, only to find that he's built a tall tower out of household objects and climbed to the top of it. Peg tells him to climb down, but he doesn't, and she is worried about his safety. They try climbing up but the tower is too unstable, so they try chewing a very large gum bubble, but it pops on Peg's face. She then hears Ramone whistling and does not want him to see her with gum on her face.
She then sees Ramone carry some of her mother's stuff up to the attic, which gives her the idea to create stairs. They can't leave Baby Fox alone, however, and there is nothing to create stairs nearby, so Peg sends Cat out to look for the first piece while she keeps an eye on Baby Fox.
Cat decides to search the basement and falls downstairs. He then finds a beach ball and brings it up. Meanwhile, Peg is dancing and singing a song she wrote about Baby Fox. They then giggle about how she sang 'diapie' and Peg says that the ball is the wrong shape and they need square, flat objects. Cat gets a box and an ottoman, then Peg takes her turn searching for equipment.
Cat entertains Baby Fox by popping out and saying, "Peekaboo", while Peg finds a rock and a large box. She assembles them, but then the doorbell rings, prompting the inevitable freaking-out scene. Peg then gets an idea but is reluctant to do it as it involves knocking over the block towers. However, once that's done, she executes the idea: putting two blocks together and using them as her final stair piece. It works and they get Baby Fox down. They then return him to Mrs. Sheep.
Afterwards, Ramone is impressed by the tower and asks Peg and Cat how they built it. Peg says that they didn't build it, but if they did, they'd use a diagram, then breaks into a song about diagrams.
This episode provides examples of
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Baby Fox wears a bandanna and a diaper.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption: When Peg is admiring the towers, she says, "So tall, so beautiful, so..." but then Cat knocks hers over and says, "All over the floor?!".
- Baby See, Baby Do: When Peg sings to Baby Fox, he copies her dance.
- Babysitting Episode: This episode focuses on Peg and Cat babysitting Baby Fox.
- Baby Talk:
- Baby Fox babbles without saying any actual words. When Peg says, "Say, 'goo goo ga ga' if you read me," he says, "doh da da day" instead.Peg: "Close enough."
- When Peg is singing about Baby Fox, she sings that he wears a "diapie" and then starts singing "goo goo ga ga".
- Peg and Cat giggle over the word "diapie" at the end of the episode.
- Baby Fox babbles without saying any actual words. When Peg says, "Say, 'goo goo ga ga' if you read me," he says, "doh da da day" instead.
- Blowing a Raspberry: When Baby Fox is first introduced, he blows a raspberry twice, spraying Cat with spit both times. He also blows several raspberries from the top of his tower and after the diagram song.
- Brainy Baby: Baby Fox was somehow able to make a very elaborate tower out of household objects.
- Catchphrase: Peg's usual "big problem" and "totally freaking out" lines feature.
- Character Tics: Peg does her usual arm movements when she 'totally freaks out'.
- Chewing the Scenery: Cat briefly adopts Peg's dramatic persona when both their towers get knocked over.
- Child Hater: Downplayed. Cat claims not to dislike babies but to be afraid of them.
- The Diaper Change: At the end of the episode, Baby Fox uses one of his gadgets to change his diaper.
- Diegetic Soundtrack Usage: Ramone whistles the theme at one point.
- Distressed Dude: Baby Fox is in danger of falling for most of the episode, but he's not distressed per se as he doesn't know he's in danger.
- Friend to All Children: While Cat's afraid of babies, Peg apparently likes them a lot.
- Goo Goo Getup: Cat is seen in a baby's bonnet during the theme tune.
- The Klutz: Cat knocks over two block towers in a short period of time, then later falls down some stairs.
- Large Ham: Peg is just as dramatic as ever, acting like block towers are serious business and saying, "We'll never be able to rebuild them!" when they get knocked over.
- Mirthless Laughter: Cat, due to being afraid of babies, does a nervous chuckle when they begin babysitting.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Peg claims that she and Cat are building the "best, most amazing block towers in the entire universe".
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Peg somehow understood Mrs. Sheep's bleating.
- Staircase Tumble: Cat falls down the basement stairs.
- Suddenly Fluent in Gibberish: Peg somehow understands Mrs. Sheep despite her only saying, "baa" and can tell it's Ramone by the sound of him whistling.
- Toilet Humour: Peg's song is about how Baby Fox has a stinky diaper.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Cat claims that he's afraid of babies.