Castor and Topside force Sarah to make uneasy alliances. But there is some rest for the wicked, when Donnie gives Helena an unexpected gift, and the results of Alisons candidacy finally come in. Even as team Leda takes a moment to breathe, change is afoot and a life hangs in the balance.
- Amusing Injuries:
- Krystal snaps out of her induced coma, flailing her arms - and accidentally clocks Delphine in the face.
- Rudy refuses to duct-tape his knife to his hand, so Helena kicks the roll of tape into his face and busts his nose.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Kendall knew she had been cloned and arranged for Sarah to end up with Mrs. S because she wanted her daughter to have a piece of her in lieu for killing her husband. S is so touched she starts to cry.
- Batter Up!: How Ferdinand takes care of Bulldog upon discovering that his Mook is actually a Neolution spy.
- Bizarre Human Biology: The worm/larvae thing coming out of Dr. Nealon's mouth as he attacks Delphine.
- The first scene of the season was a dream by Helena where all the clones are together for a party, and Babka cake is served. One of the last scenes of the season is Alison's election victory party, and they have Babka cake at the end.
- Sarah's reunion with Kira in the snow mirrors Rachel's dream/memory of playing in the snow with her mother as a child.
- The Bus Came Back:
- Sarah and Kira reunite in Iceland.
- Tow truck version: Donnie tracks down Helena's boyfriend Jesse for her.
- Charlotte reappears, now living with Rachel and Susan Duncan. No word as to what happened to Marian...
- Not to mention the Neolutionists, who haven't really been given a focus in Seasons 2 and 3.
- Break the Cutie: Krystal's reaction upon waking up from her induced coma."No, I'm not fine! Why do weird things keep happening to me?"
- Chekhov's Gun
- A literal example: Delphine packs a tiny pistol in her purse before meeting with Ferdinand. Fired when Nealon attacks her with the larva.
- The acid bath S threatens to dissolve Kendall with is later implied to be used by Ferdinand to dispose of Bulldog after the latter is revealed as a Neolutionist spy.
- Chekhov's Skill: Krystal's skills as a manicurist show up here with Delphine noticing Krystal's nails and realizing that it may not be Rachel lying in the hospital bed.
- The Chessmaster: Sarah pulls a very effective one to rival even Rachel.
- First, Sarah uses Delphine to lure Ferdinand to Dyad with the pretense to talk about Rachel, except that she wants to make a deal with him, even telling him that the Rachel he dealt with before was actually her.
- Second, Sarah uses Mark (posing as a battered Rudy) to trick Dr. Coady into leading a raid on what she thinks is Kendall Malone's hiding place - only to be taken into custody by Ferdinand.
- Finally, Sarah also counts on Rudy following "weak link" Alison home to take her out - only to discover Helena is waiting for him, and ready to rumble.
- Cliffhanger: Delphine is shot by an unseen assailant and left for dead.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Sarah is reunited with Kira, Mrs. S. and her mother have reached an understanding, Alison wins the school trustee election, Helena is reunited with Jesse, and Mark and Gracie are allowed to be together for whatever little time Mark has left. Oh, and Clone Club gathers at Bubbles' for Alison's victory party and have dinner together.
- Electronic Eyes: Rachel gets a brand new prostethic Neoloution eye to replace the one she lost, not unlike Leekie's Freaky Leekies in Season 1.
- Enemy Mine:
Ferdinand: This changes everything...which makes us new BFFs.
- Sarah manages to recruit Mark and Ferdinand in her gambit to take down Project Castor.
- Ferdinand aligns himself with Clone Club after learning that he's being used by the Neolutionists.
- Eye Scream: Hilariously averted with regards to Krystal.
- Face Death with Dignity: Knowing that Nealon will make good on the threat on Delphine's life, she makes an effort to make it up to Cosima and Shay for misunderstanding them.
- Obi-Wan Moment: Later when she pulls into Dyad, and aware that an assassin is waiting for her, she calmly puts her purse down before getting shot.
- Foreshadowing: The bath of sulfuric acid was going to be used; the question was who was going to end up in it. note
- Genre Savvy: It doesn't take long for Ferdinand to realize that he was being used by the Neolutionists. With Sarah's statement that Neolution wants Kendall's sample, he immediately suspects a mole, and (knowing that Sarah, Mrs. S, and Kendall aren't one) rapidly concludes that it is his associate, Bulldog. He also rapidly concludes that Sarah and Mrs. S had some way to dispose of dead bodies and immediately proceeds to use it on his associate.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: During the dinner at Bubbles, Felix wearies of Cosima and Scott's technobabble.Felix: Donnie, you're a civilian. Would you please say something understandable?
Donnie: The frickin' beef is the bomb.
- Greater-Scope Villain: The Neolutionists are behind everything: Leda, Castor, Dyad, the military experiments. Leekie and his group were just the tip of the iceberg.
- HeelFace Turn: Ferdinand, once he realizes that Neolution is the Greater-Scope Villain.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Delphine apologizes to Shay and tries to get her to give Cosima another chance.
- Not Quite Dead: Like her husband, Susan Duncan made it out of the fire alive.
- The Reveal: Two of them:
- Susan Duncan did not perish in the lab fire as it was previously thought.
- Both Leda and Castor were being manipulated and run by Neolution.
- Shoot the Dog: Helena's response to a dying Rudy recalling his childhood.Rudy: I remember sleeping, my brothers breathing in unison. We'd sleepwalk out of bed and pile up in a corner like puppies.
Helena: When I was nine, I was made to shoot puppy.
Rudy: We're just like you, Helena.
- Which turns into a "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
Helena: You poison women.
Rudy: We had a purpose. Just like you.
Helena: No. You are rapist.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The music suddenly turns quirky during Ferdinand's HeelFace Turn.
- Spotting the Thread: Delphine notices Krystal's well-manicured nails and notices something is off about "Rachel".
- Technical Virgin: Helena, while seducing Jesse in the cab of his truck."I have science baby inside me, but you are my first."
- Twin Switch:
- For Leda, we have Krystal inadvertently posing as Rachel until she wakes up after the events of last episode.
- For Castor, Mark poses as Rudy in order to lure Coady out.