My Superhero Academy Crisis of Infinite Reboots - Integrity, Faith, and Crocodile Tears
Elim: Let's just say we go back a ways. Course, she's not the one I really want. The one I really want is all the way over in fucking Sweden. Nevermind that you can't kill someone made of ink by shooting them in the head. So this one's gonna have to do.
Zach: I've never been in the middle of a scandal before. It's...weird, I guess is the right word?
Yoko: I'm not really too bothered by it, really. Being feared or chased or hated or whatever. Do enough pranks and it happens anyway...Only difference now is that I can't run away this time.
Mahvash: Propaganda of the faith is a duty...But not my area. Besides, I learned last summer to pass by closed minds and move on with my mission.
Dante: I shouldn't let the mutts, Dementius and the media get to me! I am the Carnival Prince! Son of the noble Carnival King! The ignorant sheeple is nothing...compared to me. I will SHOW them...I will show what I can do...thanks to the training we did during the last month...and thanks to Avajax's blessing...I will be the one, the only...to impress them...to leave their jaws on the floor...to be charmed by the Carnival Prince's performance...
Shane: ...Just...TRY...and exercise some control. Frankly, you come off as a chaotic, total moron of a person that doesn't even seem interested in correcting his behavior. You rant on about sheeple and showing your glory, when that is the EXACT attitude that's getting us in fucking trouble! You could be recorded right now. Do you want Gaea hearing you describe most of the people in this state, this country, as sheep?
Ever: do not apologize. Everyone can be manipulated and everyone can be tricked. Judging someone for an honest mistake sets ourselves up for humiliation later. ...or in the very same breath as it were. Yes, thank you for the demonstration.
Finn: What the hell is wrong with this press!? Don't they realize that we are just kids!?
Shane: (Internally) If I can perfect the technology myself, I can use it for any number of things. Teleport in to a terrorist's lair, freeze all the blood in his veins and teleport out. Gather scandalous material on someone when they think their place is completely secure. Break a few skulls in the Gaea Movement.
Yoko: I might not ascend.
Cendrillon: Language, Mr. Snow. You've been exposed to my daughter for too long, it looks. Such a shame for a new arrival, too. Foolish on top of that. I am the perfect mercenary. So they say. Benefactors... well, benefit. Pull the strings. Bob and weave. No group of amateurs like yourselves could dare say they could
Dawn: ...do you know the tale of Job? He whose life was ripped apart at God's behest, to test his mettle and faith? No mere pretenders, children holding powers they did not understand. 'twas His majesty, through the holy accusator that took away all from him. Not once did he curse against Him. You should have killed me when you first could and be done with the poison that addles your brain. But now that you threw in your lot with Gaea and seek to cause damage much more untold compared to what my wretched hands did, to engulf this world in fires of hatred, all for your personal vengeance... that is unforgivable. Come, man of soiled cloth. Let us settle this once and for all.
- First Post: 5 January 2019
- Short Synopsis: Class 1 settles into science class—except for four who get the day off for their performance in the first part of the exam. Meanwhile, Gaea makes plans for Phase 1...
- Achilles' Heel: Darkheart stays wrapped up in a fire vortex to keep the extremely dangerous pair of Mahvash and Ever Green at bay during his attack.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Mahvash knows that using a thought reading device is a terrible idea... and does it anyway.
- Bait-and-Switch: Both and Shane and Ellie initially believe that a bomb has been planted under Shane's bed... and the entire squad walks toward the beeping noise to investigate. It is a bomb, but a sort of instant cage as opposed to an explosive.
- Chekhov's Gun: The class makes teleportation belts in science class. This doesn't give the Iridium Wonders ideas at all... And they're certainly not all in the hardware store for upgrades a single scene transition later.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Leon holds his own against squad 1.
- Crazy Awesome: Aster and Avajax eat a killer fireball that Darkheart aims at the town below.
- Crazy-Prepared: Leon has countermeasures for all of squad 1 built into his suit.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Squad 3 deals Cendrillon out with a quick combo attack after she gets distracted by something she knew would happen.
- Demoted to Dragon: Leon, who masterminded the attack on the school last year and went after Saint himself, is sent, by Elim, his former dragon, to attack Class One in an ambush in the dorms.
- Electromagnetic Ghosts: See A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read. The belt twists in a physically impossible way before equally 'impossibly' whining.
- Final Solution: The book, the Metahuman Problem, hints at this, while avoiding saying it outright.
- Friendship Moment: Iona has one with the rest of Squad 4, particularly Dawn.
- Good Is Not Dumb: Martin is introduced in this episode.
- Naked People Are Funny: Dante ends up teleporting successfully to the roof. His clothes and gear fail to port though. And Mahvash piles on by sending his father up there. Shane follows suit.
- No Doubt the Years Have Changed Me: Jacob is only now a math teacher. Turns out he was a priest and witness and victim of the Sister Incident.
- Put on a Bus: Fluffy leaves the school as the pressure gets to her.
- Screwed by the Network: The Cendrillon fight ended rather abruptly, but things were happening behind the scenes.
- Shipper on Deck: Mahvash with Sally and Ryuu.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Dawn tells Jacob where he can shove his years long grudge and wasted life.
- The Bus Came Back: Noah returns, having avoided his squadmates' fate of being trapped with Leon and the fight with Cendrillon.
- The Dreaded: Cendrillon to the players. To quote, "I'd rather deal with a bomb than what squad 3 has right now."
- The Mole: Jacob signed up with Saint Academy with the one purpose of exacting vengeance against Dawn and any other 'sister' he came across.
- Too Dumb to Live: Shane believes this of the rest of squad 1 quizzically walking towards a bomb, but follows anyway.
- The Fool: In this episode, at least, Noah finds himself in just the right spot to avoid a lopsided fight against a guy in a Mini-Mecha and a confrontation with a dreaded assassin. He has a sunny disposition the whole time and is finding snacks while blood is being drawn elsewhere.
- Walking Armory: Leon has quite the arsenal in his suit.
- Wham Episode: The villains bring out heavy-hitters to attack the class directly. Dawn, Zach, Shane, and Yoko confront their pasts. In Dawn's case, the math teacher was a sleeper who was just waiting for his chance to take revenge on her. Zach finally comes clean about his being consumed by the source of his power. Shane turns from frat boy to Snake Plissken in battle, and 'talks' with Zach and Yoko. Iona has a friendship moment even while an evil alternate Iona dominates the airwaves. Ryuu confronts his inner dragon. Fluffy leaves and squad 4 is left without their leader.
- Wham Line: Zach: He reminds me of my dad.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Iris has a fear of Dante leftover from the exam. His words do not help her.