While at the movies, Ron becomes smitten by the new ticket taker, Zita Flores. Despite Kim's claim otherwise, he feels he has no chance with her due to "the rules," an unwritten code that, among other things, states that "guys like me don't end up with girls like that". Later, the two are called to the Space Center to investigate the theft of robot from scientist Fen, which was supposedly stolen by his former lab partner, Vivian Porter.
With the help of Kim's cousin, Larry, Team Possible tracks Vivian to the Robot Rumble, an underground society of geniuses who fight robots, founded by Vivian's boyfriend, Oliver. Forced to battle in the ring, Kim uses the Kimmunicator and gets trounced, resulting her in and Ron being banned. Afterwards, Ron makes several attempts to ask Zita out, failing each one; after returning to the Space Center, Fen claims Oliver's robot is his, so he and Kim break into the rumble arena and retrieve it, though not before fighting off another one.
Although things seem wrapped up, Kim is still wary, until her dad mentions that he can't believe Fen could ever design a robot on his own. Convinced her suspicions are correct, she heads to the space center, as Oliver and Vivian have arrived, and reveals that Vivian built the robot and Fen, jealous he could never make one himself, framed her so he could obtain hers. Using a giant electromagnet, Kim defeats the bitter scientist and reveals that Oliver was a robot, was also built by Vivian, who was jaded since her peers couldn't except that someone who looked like her could be a respected scientist. She is given a job at the Space Center. Back at the movies, Ron is upset when he finds Zita gone, only to encounter her in the theater, and the two have a "date" of sorts.
This episode provides examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The robot that Jim & Tim build for the Robot Rumble is this, as it defies its programming and attacks them. The robots Finn works with also qualifies, as they seem inclined towards attacking him. Justified, as Finn turns out to be inept as a scientist.
- Attack! Attack... Retreat! Retreat!: Verbatim. The robot that chases Kim and Ron through the subway tunnels constantly shouts "attack", until an "oncoming train" (Ron and Rufus with the Kimmunicator making a bright light and a loud noise) is in its way, then the robot shouts "retreat" and then it does so.
- The Beard: Vivian built Oliver to present her ideas for her because people didn't take her seriously because of her looks.
- Blatant Lies: Ron saying he didn't buy a ticket to every movie.
- Chekhov's Gun: The giant electromagnet in the Space Center.
- Continuity Nod: Cousin Larry shows up again note
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Oliver's robot vs. the Kimmunicator converted into a robot.
- Dumb Blonde: Inverted. Vivian is actually the worlds leading expert in robotics. However she was frustrated because her peers couldn't accept that just because of her looks.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Justine Flanner is among the denizens of the Robot Rumble. note .
- Eureka Moment: Mr. Possible commenting that Fen couldn't build a robot on his own, is what makes Kim realize her suspicions about the true inventor of the robot are correct.
- Evil Makes You Ugly: While Dr. Fen is maintaining his facade of a respectable, if ditzy scientist, he looks tired but fairly normal. However, when he's revealed for the fraud he is, his skin and hair appear to have become a sickly green and he has Creepy Shadowed Undereyes.
- Foreshadowing: When first introduced, Fen has trouble with his machinery and took offense when Ron said he's had trouble with robots too. This hinted he's not as good with robotics as he claims to be.
- Green-Eyed Monster: The reason for Fen's villainy was that he was jealous Vivian could build a robot and he couldn't.
- Hot Scientist: Vivian; what other scientists are well tanned and wear tube tops?
- Irony: This conversation in response to Ron worrying that Zita might get the wrong idea about him and Kim (seemingly leaving a romantic movie together):Kim: You and me...on a date?Ron: It could happen.
- Meet Cute: One of the movies Ron sees, while buying tickets to talk with Zita, is called "Meeting Cute."
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Oliver.
- Robotic Reveal: Oliver, after the electromagnet is turned on him.
- Shipper on Deck: When Wade shows up on the movie screen asking Ron to come outside and help Kim on the mission, everyone else in the theater assumes that Kim's his girlfriend and encourage Ron to go help her.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Until Kim's dad offered her a job at the Space Center, Vivian explains to Kim, Ron and Rufus that, "My colleagues weren't ready to take someone who looked like me seriously."