Original air date: March 11, 2007
Peter befriends former President Bill Clinton after trying and failing at lifting his limousine — but the friendship (and Peter's marriage) is strained when Clinton charms Lois into sleeping with him. Meanwhile, Lois is sick of Brian dumping in the backyard, so he takes to toilet training.
Tropes used in the episode:
- Awful Wedded Life / Pun: "If he wanted a pig, why didn't he just take my wife?"
- Bowdlerise: In the Cartoon Network and DVD version, Clinton asks Lois, "It depends on what the definition of the word "jizz" is". This was cut from the Fox version.
- In the DVD version, Clinton asks her if she's into NAFTA, that is, "'Nother afternoon fuckin' that ass!" In the Fox version, Clinton asks Lois for the cigar he stuck in her so he can smoke it. Cartoon Network keeps the original version but instead bleeps the word "fuckin'".
- When Quagmire tries to help Peter and later Lois cope with the latter cheating on Bill Clinton, he asks "You want me to drag my sack across your face?" This scene was cut from the Fox version but was left intact on Cartoon Network and DVD.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Peter goes to Bill Clinton's hotel room to talk about his having sex with Lois, and Smash Cut to Peter in bed, having just had sex with Clinton himself:Peter: Boy, you are good. You are really good.
- Fan Disservice: Played for laughs when Meg has stripped down to her underwear for Bill after he played the "Night Court" theme song on his saxophone and all he can say is "Eeeeeeeeheheheheewwww."
- Bill lifting his shirt for a photo, exposing his nipple ring.
- Peter running around the Pewterschmidt house naked looking for Lois. Also played for laughs.
- Fun with Acronyms: Clinton asks Lois if she's up for NAFTA: "'Nother afternoon fuckin' that ass!"
- Instant Seduction: All Bill Clinton has to do is play the theme to Night Court on his sax, and Meg has stripped down to her underwear.Meg: You can have me.
- Likes Older Women: Peter wants to have sex with Babs (Lois's mom).
- Ping-Pong Naïveté: The B-plot is Lois being inexplicably (because she's been casual about it before) upset with Brian for going on the lawn and demanding he potty train with Stewie. While they're both erudite in their own ways they treat the toilet like an arcane fixture and are frightened by it flushing.
- Prank Call: Clinton prank calls Linda Tripp:Clinton: You shouldn't have talked, you stupid bitch! I hope you die! [hangs up]
Peter: Boy, that, uh that wasn't really a crank call, that was, that was just unpleasant.
- Shout-Out: Bill Clinton plays the theme to Night Court on his sax.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the sequel of the film Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, titled Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.
- The saxophone solo is a reference to when Clinton played a saxophone during the Arsenio Hall Show during his campaign race against George Bush Sr, except he played "Heartbreak Hotel" and not the theme to Night Court.
- When Seamus throws the octopus right into a wall, the octopus goes down it like a Wacky Wall Walker, an octopus-like toy from the 1980s.
- In a cutaway, Peter and Lois are laughing at a drawing Stewie drew. Lois says It looks like Muhammad Ali drew this, referring to Muhammad Ali's Parkinson's Syndrome.
- The Lost City of New Orleans is a reference to Hurricane Katrina's impact on the Louisiana city, and the fabled city of Atlantis. The tank also contains the skeletal remains of a Girls Gone Wild cameraman and the woman who flashed him.
- The scene in which Peter sees the Octopus he encountered at the aquarium standing outside his property smoking beside a red sports car waiting for revenge is a reference to Max Cady waiting in the same situation from Cape Fear.
- In a cutaway, The Thing from The Fantastic Four is a victim of Lorena Bobbitt, who in 1993 cut her husbands penis off.
- The scene where Meg approaches Clinton after his saxophone performance wearing a white bra and pink panties is a reference to Empire Records where Liv Tylers character approaches a musician while wearing similarly colored undergarments.
- Stacy's Mom: Peter wants to sleep with Babs (Lois's mom) not just to be even with Lois' infidelity but because Babs is hot even for her age.
- Toilet Training Plot: In the B-plot of this episode, Lois is sick of stepping in Brian's poop, so she tries to teach him to use the toilet like the others. Stewie unsuccessfully tries to potty train Brian with a video, and when Brian tries to poop in the yard, Lois forces him to wear diapers. At the end, it looks like Brian is fully potty-trained, but instead he's been pooping in Mayor Adam West's front yard.