Pedro Antonio Rojas, Jr. (born December 14, 1976), better known as Tonedeff, is an American hip-hop artist, rapper, producer, singer, graphic designer, and — you know what, let's just say he's a disgustingly talented hyphenate. He grew up in Miami, made an appearance rapping on The Arsenio Hall Show, moved to NYC, won an imperial ton of battle rap competitions, started his own label, QN5 Music in 2000, and has hustled non-stop for ten years trying to prove that if you make the highest quality music you can, with no compromises, people will wake up and buy it.
As of 2010, this isn't going as well as it should.
After founding the label, he released several projects and collaborations.In 2005, he released his debut LP "Archetype."In 2006, he won the Lollapalooza "Last Band Standing" competition. It took him well over a year to get the full prize package because Gibson hates hip-hop.
For more information, visit QN5.com
Albums and E Ps Featuring Tonedeff
- Hyphen (2000)
- Happy F*ck You Songs (2002) (With Extended F@mm)
- Underscore (2003)
- Archetype (2005)
Compilations / Mixtapes
- Asterisk Two
- Asterisk Three
- Asterisk Four (2007)
- Baby Blue For Pink (2008) (With other QN 5 Artists)
- Clear 'Em Out (With KRS-One)
- Warden (Love Lockdown Revamp) (2008)
Provides Examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts - And how! He even has a song that's just called "Pervert."
- Boastful Rap - Most rappers do it. Tonedeff does it too.
- Charles Atlas Superpower - The speed Tonedeff can rap is inhuman.
- "I Am" Song - See "Pervert," though most of the Archetype album qualifies.
- "I Want" Song - His song "Politics" might qualify.
- Lightning Bruiser - Not only are his songs super fast, his lyrics pack quite a punch to them.
- Motor Mouth - There are many songs in which he puts the Micro Machines guy to shame.
- Something Something Leonard Bernstein - Probably a third of his catalog, if you don't pay attention.