KIDS SEE GHOSTS is the self-titled album of a hip-hop duo comprised of Kanye West and Kid Cudi, who released their first and only album on June 8, 2018 to critical acclaim. The name was also intended to be given to a Takashi Murakami-directed animated series starring Kanye and Cudi, but aside from a two-minute teaser trailer released in 2020, has yet to release. In 2022, the duo disbanded following Cudi's falling out with West as a result of his then recent behavior towards his ex-wife Kim Kardashian and her new boyfriend Pete Davidson.
Tracklist (Kids See Ghosts):
- 1. "Feel the Love" (featuring Pusha T) (2:45)
- 2. "Fire" (2:20)
- 3. "4th Dimension" (2:33)
- 4. "Freee (Ghost Town pt. 2)" (featuring Ty Dolla $ign) (3:26)
- 5. "Reborn" (5:24)
- 6. "Kids See Ghosts" (featuring Mos Def) (4:05)
- 7. "Cudi Montage" (3:16)
Tropes pertaining to the Album:
- Album Title Drop: In the song, "Kids See Ghosts".
- Kid Cudi also mentions the name on "4th Dimension", albeit referring to him and Kanye as a group.
- Autotune: Most of Cudi's singing on "Reborn".
- Boastful Rap: Pusha T's verse that opens up the whole album.
- Also Kanye's verse on the title track.
- Epic Rocking: "Reborn" is the only song that goes past the 5-minute mark.
- Miniscule Rocking: "Fire" is the shortest song, at 2 minutes with a short 20 second instrumental interlude.
- Lighter and Softer: Than ye, and Kid Cudi's previous album, Pain, Passion and Demon Slaying.
- Shout-Out: To Master P, Rick Ross, and Ric Flair on "4th Dimension".
- Sampling: It's such a vital part of "4th Dimension" that Louie Prima is given posthumous credit!
- Verbal Tic: Kanye's gun-like scatting on "Feel the Love".
- Cudi's signature moaning on "Reborn".