Bad Girls is a 1979 Disco album by Donna Summer, generally seen as her best. It is the best-selling album of her career and scored international Top 10 hits with "Bad Girls" and "Hot Stuff", going triple platinum overall. "Hot Stuff" won a Grammy for Best Female Vocal Performance.
- "Hot Stuff" (5:14)
- "Bad Girls" (4:55)
- "Love Will Always Find You" (3:59)
- "Walk Away" (4:27)
- "Dim All The Lights" (4:40)
- "Journey To The Center Of Your Heart" (4:36)
- "One Night In A Lifetime" (4:12)
- "Can't Get To Sleep At Night" (4:45)
- "On My Honor" (3:34)
- "There Will Always Be A You" (5:07)
- "All Through The Night" (6:01)
- "My Baby Understands" (4:03)
- "Our Love" (4:51)
- "Lucky" (4:37)
- "Sunset People" (6:27)
- All Women Are Lustful: "Hot Stuff"Lookin' for some hot stuff, baby, this evenin'I need some hot stuff, baby, tonight
- Break Up Song: "Can't Get To Sleep At Night" where the protagonist keeps thinking of her former partner, despite being with somebody else. "On My Honor" in which Donna sings about someone who has just become single again and looks for a new love. "Walk Away" is another example:I'm sure that I'll get over you
- But Now I Must Go: "Lucky"We talked a whileAnd he told me niceWe laughed and we cried andI knew that I could love himHe got up to say goodbyeI said where you going,He said that he must leave
- Cradle of Loneliness: "On My Honor"Here I am on my own again
- Distinct Double Album: The album was originally released as a double album.
- Epic Rocking: "All Throught The Night" and "Sunset People" are all over six minutes length.
- Face on the Cover: Donna in close-up and again seen in the background leaning against a red lamp post, next to a policeman.
- Glamour: "Sunset People"Sunset people doin' it right - night after night
- Incredibly Long Note: "Dim All The Lights" is infamous for a sustained note that Donna Summer managed to hold for 16 seconds.
- The Insomniac: "Can't Get To Sleep At Night" where the protagonist can't sleep because she keeps thinking of her former partner, despite being with somebody else.
- Obsession Song: "All Through The Night"Quit searchin'Anticipatin'Stop reachin'For that distant starI been waitingBoy don't pass the momentThe light's right before your very eyes
- Pep-Talk Song: "Love Will Always Find You"Love will always find youNo matter where you areLove is gonna reach youCause it's never really that far
- The Power of Love: "Hot Stuff", "Love Will Always Find You", "Our Love", "Journey To The Center Of Your Heart", "My Baby Understands", "There Will Always Be A You", "One Night In A Lifetime", "Dim All The Lights" all glorify the delight of being in a relationship with someone you love.
- Record Producer: Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte.
(How 'bout you?)Talkin' 'bout the bad girls(How 'bout yer . . . )All the Goblin Girls(Are you . . . POO-AHH!)Talkin' 'bout the bad, bad girls(Sweetheart)
- "Journey To The Center Of Your Heart" is a shout-out to Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne.
- Frank Zappa would reference "Bad Girls" during "Goblin Girl" on You Are What You Is (1981)
- Spoken Word in Music: "All Through The Night" starts off with a spoken intro by Donna Summer.
- Streetwalker: "Bad Girls"See them out on the street at night, walkin'Picking up on all kinds of strangersIf the price is right
- Title Track: "Bad Girls"Bad girlsTalking about the sad girls
Beep-Beep, uuuuh! Toot Toot!Beep-Beep, uuuuh! Toot Toot!