I Remember Yesterday was a 1977 best-selling Disco album by Donna Summer, best remembered for the hits "Love's Unkind", "I Remember Yesterday" and, of course, the international number one hit single "I Feel Love". "I Feel Love" was noted back then because of the futuristic synthesizer backing track, arranged by Giorgio Moroder. In 2012 the song was added to the National Recording Registry.
- "I Remember Yesterday" (4:45)
- "Love's Unkind" (4:29)
- "Back In Love Again" (3:54)
- "I Remember Yesterday (Reprise)" (3:02)
- "Black Lady" (3:47)
- "Take Me" (5:03)
- "Can't We Just Sit Down (And Talk It Over)?" (4:25)
- "I Feel Love" (5:53)
I feel trooooooooooooooopes.....
- Album Title Drop: Summer sings "I remember yesterday" at the start of the reprise of the title track. The song proper contains only variations: "I remember that first night", "I remember our first kiss", etc.
- Break Up Song: "Can't We Just Sit Down (And Talk It Over)?"Can't we just sit down and talk it overWho knows, maybe in a little whileWe'll forget our pride, and the things we said last nightAnd maybe you and I can talk it out
- Concept Album: Side One features songs that take inspiration from music of the 40's ("I Remember Yesterday"), 50's ("Love's Unkind") and 60's ("Back In Love Again"). Side Two focuses on the present day, before "I Feel Love" finishes with the sound of the future.
- Continuity Nod: "I Remember Yesterday" receives a reprise later on.
- Epic Rocking: "Take Me" and "I Feel Love". The latter also exists as an extended 12" maxi-single.
- Face on the Cover: Donna is featured full frontal on the album cover.
- Fading into the Next Song: the entire first side is one continuous medley.
- Femme Fatale: "Black Lady", which is more about a bad woman than one who has a black skin color.Black lady, black ladyShe was mean, really badShe was slender as a cat at night, she made the men go madWell her eyes were green, and her skin was softAnd the lady's heart was as hard as rock
- Future Music: "I Feel Love" was described as this by Brian Eno and David Bowie of all people.
- Intercourse with You:
Oooo, it's so good, it's so good, it's so good, it's ... so... gooood
- "I Feel Love"
Take me, I'll be your womanUse me, make me your ownTake me, make me your womanLove me now, and don't leave me alone
- "Take Me"
- Long Title: "Can't We Just Sit Down (And Talk It Over)".
- Love Hurts: "Love's Unkind" which is about high school crushes and love triangles that go nowhere.Love's unkind, love's unkind, love's unkind, love's unkindCause he's not mine
- New Sound Album: Centerpiece is "I Feel Love", recorded with an entirely synthesized backing track (apart from the kick drum, for which they couldn't get an electronic sound they liked), something that was quite unprecedented at the time.
- Nostalgia Filter: "I Remember Yesterday"Walk me home in springtime showersIn the early morning hoursYou took me to my door, we were sureSo we swore that forever moreI'll remember our first night
- Obsession Song: "Love's Unkind", about a schoolgirl with a hopeless crush on one of her classmates.
- One-Woman Song: "Black Lady".
- The Power of Love: "I Feel Love" and "Back In Love Again"Ooh baby, back in love againOoh baby, next to you againOoh baby, in a crazy spin, loveI want ya, I need ya, I love ya, I want ya
- Record Producer: Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte.
- Title Track: "I Remember Yesterday".