YataMomo (sometimes stylized as "Yatamomo") is a Boys' Love manga by Harada.
Momo is a good-for-nothing bum, Yata is a reliable young man. During their first meeting in a public bathroom, Momo takes advantage of Yata's kindness and comes rolling into his home. While spending time with him, little by little, Momo changes.
- Adorkable: Both leads, particularly Momo.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Momo" is short for "Momota," Momo additionally only calls Yata "Yata-chan."
- Character Development: Momo slowly develops a sense of responsibility and purpose as he falls in love with Yata.
- Cuteness Proximity: Yata has a weakness for cute things and part of the reason he can't let Momo go in the beginning is because of how utterly adorable he is.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Momo's mother was essentially a prostitute, that being how she got pregnant with him. After having him, she made him prostitute himself, starting at a very young age, and accused him of stealing her boyfriends; who were actually assaulting him. Momo recalls never having a good relationship with his mother and was eventually abandoned once she got with her current husband.
- Disappeared Dad: Momo's father was one of his mother's customers who didn't stick around.
- Happily Married: Averted with Suda and his ex-wife, she couldn't stand seeing the man she love mess around with Momo and left him, taking their daughter. After he lets go of Momo, Suda reaches out to her to try again.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Momo is very close with an old, homeless man; who gave him pointers on how to make homes while he lived on the streets.
- Love Confession: Yata tells Momo he loves him at the end of the first volume.
- In the final chapter, Momo finally tells Yata he loves him.
- Love Epiphany: Momo has one about Yata at the end of the first volume, he accepts that he loves Yata and swears to tell him one day.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Momo.
- Luminescent Blush: Both leads are highly prone to this.
- The Mistress: A rare male example, Momo was this to Suda, who was married and expecting a child while they were seeing each other; however, Momo was given the love and affection as if he was Suda's legitimate partner.
- Nice Guy: Yata, to a fault.
- Official Couple: As the title of the work suggests, Yata and Momo.
- Older Than They Look: Momo is 24 in Volume 1 and 25 in Volume 2, however, people often assume he's around 18.
- One Head Taller: Yata towers over the petite Momo.
- Psycho Ex-Boyfriend: Suda, Momo's previous patron.
- Rape as Drama: Momo gets abducted and raped by Suda close to the end of the first volume, Suda lets him go after realizing Momo is happy with Yata. Momo takes it rather well actually, the only time where he's shown near breaking point is when he thinks Yata is going to leave him, in fact, Yata was more emotional over the rape and even cried over it.
- He does have a breakdown later on in volume 2 after an awkward dinner with his mom, neighbor, & Yata.
- Seme: Yata.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Momo really takes after his mother.
- Uke: Momo.