Seikimatsu Darling is a manga with story and art by Maki Naruto published by Biblos (1994 - 1998, volume 1-4 only) and later Akita Shoten (1999-2000). The complete manga totals 7 tankoubon with 200 pages.
The Manga was adapted into a single half hour OVA in 1996 with the same title and story with the screenplay written by Shino Taira and character design and animation direction by Kazunori Iwakura, with input by original creator Maki Naruto.
Both incarnations feature a yaoi romantic comedy plot. Ogata, a kind hearted and hardworking man, loves Takasugi, another man. Takasugi, unknown to Otaka feels similarly - unfortunately, they're both Seme, and neither has any intention of being Uke. The manga and OVA highlight their attempts to express this while going on a vacation together.
- Beta Couple: Ogata's friend Shikibu and his boyfriend Tsutsumi.
- Crush Filter: The Reveal shows that both Ogata and thus the viewers had this the entire time in regards to Takasugi who had appeared as perfect, confident and masculine when he had been messing up the entire time as well from his POV.
- Drowning Our Romantic Sorrows: Ogata invites Shikibu to a Oden stall for both this and and to gather intel on gay relationships.
- Falling-in-Love Montage: Less a "fall in love" montage as a "courting your love interest" montage, but the beginning of both the OVA and manga still count.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: Towards the end of the OVA, Ogata and Takasugi have their Big Damn Kiss in the bath, followed by Takasugi sliding his face slowly down Ogata's body, obviously arousing him. He collapsed from the hot water, leading to him almost drowning as Ogata panics.
- If It's You, It's Okay: By the end of the OVA/first volume, both come to this conclusion. Played with, since both never state it out loud out of pride, leaving them still stuck with their problem.
- Love at First Sight: Ogata.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Ogata seems like a capable, mature man...unless he tries to look cool for Takasugi where he runs into an endless Humiliation Conga.
- Seme: The major plot point is that both Ogataa and Takasugi are one, causing the conflict on who tops who.
- Those Two Guys: Shikibu and Tsutsumi.
- Will They or Won't They?: It's clear that they will, it's more a "Who gives up first?".