Sakura is a normal teenage girl living with her older sister and her younger sister. One day their third sibling, Kashiwa, returns home from college. However, it turns out that she's changed a lot since she left. She wasn't living as a woman when she left, after all!
Kyou Kara Yonshimai is a manga about a transgender woman and her three sisters adjusting to the change.
Kyou Kara Yonshimai contains examples of:
- Big Brother Instinct: Kashiwa does not take it lightly when Sakura's crush keeps on bothering her.
- Easy Sex Change: Subverted. It turns out that reassignment surgery is expensive, which is exactly why Kashiwa decided to come back home, and it's not something that can be done easily.
- Parental Abandonment: The sibling's father ran off after their mother died.
- Promotion to Parent: The oldest sister was left in the care of her three younger siblings after their dad left. As an adult, she ends up running off too.
- Transgender: Kashiwa is a trans woman.
- Trans Relationship Troubles: Trans woman Kashiwa runs into troubles with her girlfriend. They're fine dating, but her girlfriend doesn't want Kashiwa to get surgery. She claims it's because it'll make marriage a more difficult process, but Kashiwa worries that it's because she sees her as a Wholesome Crossdresser instead of a woman.