A 2019 manga by Umi Takase.
Hime Sakuragaike has secretly been in love with her childhood friend Akira Yonezawa since they were kids, but Akira only recently came out to her as being a girl. Although surprised, Hime offers her full support, and the secret is kept between them for a few years. Upon starting high school with Hime, Akira decides to start living as a girl full-time. However, since Akira garners a certain amount of attention, Hime takes it upon herself to aggressively stick up for Akira whenever necessary. Not wanting Akira to be singled out as an object of ridicule, Hime decides that her only option is to put herself in Akira's shoes.
Kanojo Ni Naritai Kimi To Boku contains examples of:
- Cat Smile: Taneno
- Childhood Friend: Akira and Hime are this. Because Akira was often bullied when they were younger, Hime became very defensive and protective of her, to the point where neither of them had other friends.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Hime is this to Akira, although she doesn't realize it.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Anzu, big time.
- Crush Blush: Hime almost constantly has this when she's around Akira.
- Cry Cute: Hime often does this when she gets mad on Akira's behalf.
- Gayngst: Hime has an interesting variation, where she experiences self-hate because she believes her continued crush on Akira means she doesn't see her as a girl. Yukka assures her that isn't the case, but reveals she follows the more traditional route of the trope, quitting track and field because she fell in love with a fellow team member.
- Good Parents: Both Akira and Hime's moms seem very supportive when she came out and started presenting femininely.
- Averted with Akira's dad, who believes that Akira is just going through a phase.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Hime is this when it comes to defending Akira.
- Innocent Bigot: Taneno invokes this when she asks Akira to be her boyfriend. To be fair, she wasn't in the room when the teacher explained that Akira was transgender.
- Shrinking Violet: Akira in the beginning chapters. She hides in the background, accepts others' mockery as inevitable, and apologizes constantly.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Hime purposefully invokes this by wearing the boys' uniform, to take attention way from Akira and make her appear more feminine by comparison.
- Trans Equals Gay: Unfortunately assumed by most of Akira's classmates. They tend to use he/him pronouns and call her gay behind her back.