A teenage girl in love with her childhood friend, Akira, even after she started transitioning, and trying to support her through the process.
- Berserk Button: She has a hair-trigger temper when it comes to defending Akira. One wrong look at her friend will set her off.
- Boyish Short Hair: At one point, while still questioning what it means to be a girl, Hime cuts her hair short enough that others might think she's a boy.
- Childhood Friends: Hime has been friends with Akira since grade school.
- The Confidant: Was this for Akira about her gender, before they started high school.
- Incompatible Orientation: While Hime turns out to be a bisexual girl in love with Akira, Akira herself seems to be straight and exclusively attracted to men, putting an end to the possibility of their relationship.
- Loving a Shadow: Downplayed. While Akira is genuinely kind and sweet, Hime has such an idealized vision of her that she overreacts when Akira reacts the way anyone would in that situation. She comes to realize that she needs to bring herself to reality and deal with Akira as she is.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Seems to have this for Akira, seeing as she's had a crush on her since they were kids, regardless of what gender she knew her as.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Started wearing the boy's uniform to help Akira stand out less, although she ended up using the female uniform again later.
A trans girl that started socially transitioning when entering high school, Akira is shy and sweet-natured to a fault.
- Affectionate Nickname: Hasegawa ends up calling her Juice-chan after they meet by him spilling juice on her.
- Boyish Short Hair: Akira acknowledges that letting her hair grow might make her more feminine and help her transition, but she won't grow it out of a promise to her father, who still thinks it's just a phase. She grows her hair out after a Time Skip in chapter 46, after being inspired to stand her ground against her father.
- Childhood Friends: She's been friends with Hime for years.
- In Love with Love: She confesses to Hime that she realized her crush for Hasegawa was partly this. She loved the idea of falling in love and harboring a crush on an upperclassman, just like a shoujo manga heroine, because that would make her more of a girl.Akira: I may have been thinking, "I would be just like a girl if I had a crush like this."
- Incompatible Orientation: Akira is, ultimately, a straight woman, while Hime is bisexual and attracted to her, leading to them never being properly able to start a relationship, though they maintain their friendship for the coming years.
- Oblivious to Love: Seems to not realize Hime is in love with her, although it's pretty obvious to those around them.
- Transgender: Her presenting as a girl at school for the first time sets the story.
A girl with deep, open love for cute things. She gets attached to Akira for finding her very cute too.
- Innocently Insensitive: At first, she thought Akira was a cross-dressing boy, rather than a trans girl, which prompted her to ask her to be her boyfriend. When Akira explains this, Anzu profusely apologizes and says she should have corrected her about it.
Anzu's friend, Yuuka is a girl with the looks of a delinquent and a former track and field ace. She's cool, level-headed, and always dispenses wise advice to her friends.
- Gayngst: She used to be in love with a girl in her team that greatly looked up to her. Mistaking admiration for attraction, Yuuka confessed to her, and she exposed Yuuka to the rest of the girls on the team.
An older boy that studies at the same school, Hamuro secretly crossdresses and works as a woman called Kimiko in a nearby café. Hamuro is very polite and intelligent, so he often helps his friends through their dilemmas.
- The Confidant: To Hime. He becomes someone who can lend an ear to her after they met on the roof of the school, as he often gives very good advice and more moderate suggestions than her extreme ones.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Hamuro works dressed as a woman. He does it partly to understand how his bullied sister feels and to offer her a second pair of ears to listen and encourage her to leave the house.
An older member of the school soccer team, Akira is immediately charmed by him for his nice attitude.
- Innocent Bigot: Hasegawa is as polite as he can be to Akira and doesn't say mean things about her behind her back like a lot of the soccer club, but he still doesn't see her as a girl but as a cross-dressing boy. That said, when Akira stands her ground and establishes she's a girl, he admits he was wrong, apologizes, and proceeds to treat her better.
Hamuro's younger sister, Momo is a very sweet, good-looking girl who got bullied until she decided she wouldn't leave her house anymore.
- Asexuality: Sasaki is asexual, and has never felt romantically attracted to anyone in his life, nor does he expect to ever do so.