Tucker Case crashes a plane he's piloting while having sex and gets blacklisted from flying in the United States. To get around this he flies a cargo plane between Japan and an island in Micronesia instead. He encounters a missionary/doctor and his wife who are exploiting the island's natives by manipulating their worship.
A novel by Christopher Moore written in 1997.
This novel provides examples of:
- Groin Attack: Tucker's unfortunate injury at the start of the book.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Sarapul.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!:Kimi: You're a mean, nasty, Chevy-driving, Milk-drinking, American dog fucker!
Tucker Case: I don't drink milk! (thinking) Ha! Won that round.
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Vincent even plays cards with Jesus.
- Mile-High Club: While one of the participants was supposed to be flying the bloody aeroplane, no less.
- Organ Theft: The two Big Bads convince the natives that they are the personification of the local's cargo cult gods. It turns out they have an entire database composed of the native's medical information and are running an on-demand black organ market, harvesting (among other things) kidneys, hearts and corneas.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few to William Shakespeare (this is a Christopher Moore novel). Tucker's backstory resembles the plot of Hamlet, summarized and modernized.
- Talking Animal: Roberto the fruit bat.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Kimi.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Once it becomes clear that the operation is over, the Japanese immediately try to kill the two villains.
- You No Take Candle: Kimi, among others.