Wild Zero is a... bizarre film from 2000, starring, and with the major involvement of, cult hero J-rockers Guitar Wolf (its members being Guitar Wolf, Bass Wolf and Drum Wolf). It follows Ace, a biker who sees the eponymous band live just before the Zombie Apocalypse.
Then... stuff happens.
Wild Zero contains the following tropes:
- Autobots, Rock Out!: The various times Guitar Wolf's music is used, including the titular "Wild Zero".
- Cool vs. Awesome: Punks, bikers, zombies, aliens, men in really tight hot pants...
- Cluster F-Bomb: How the English subtitles rendered the dialogue.
- Drinking Game: Believe it or not, there is actually a Wild Zero drinking game included on the DVD. It will invariably cause liver damage.
- Gratuitous English: Any cries of "ROCK 'N' ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!!"
- Instrument of Murder: There are katanas hidden in the necks of the band Guitar Wolf's guitars, and guitar picks are thrown like shuriken.
- Love Confession: Delivered in a way that only this film could do it:"I swear, on my leather jacket, and on rock-and-roll itself that I love you."
- Musical Assassin: One featuring electrified guitar picks.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal:
- Ace freaks out when he finds out Tobio's a trans woman.
- Then happily averted!Guitar Wolf: Love has no borders, nationalities, or genders! DO IT!!!