- "Prey for them."
Wicked Little Things is a 2006 Horror film directed by J.S. Cardone.
The Tunney family move to the town of Addytown, Pennsylvania, after Mr. Tunney dies. Near their house is an Abandoned Mine that hasn't been used since 1913, when its owner let a group of children be buried alive in a cave-in. Naturally, the children are now zombies.
This film contains examples of:
- Abandoned Mine: While we don't see much of it, a mine explosion is what killed the miners and now the mine is abandoned.
- Antagonist Title: The title is in reference to the zombie children as the wicked little things.
- Distinction Without a Difference:Emma: Mommy, are we lost? We've been walking for a really long time.Karen: No, baby, we just a little turned around.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Edmond Carlton, the mine owner responsible for the children's deaths.
- Horror Hunger: The children hunger for the flesh of their murderer, but they'll settle for others' flesh.
- Karma Houdini: Edmond Carlton is cleared of all charges related to the mining disaster and leaves town before the children can kill him. His descendant gets his comeuppance.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The zombies here are resurrected by a hunger for vengeance and eat the flesh of anything that gets between them and their killer.
- Shout-Out: Sarah says that the woods remind her of Sleepy Hollow.
- The Sociopath: Edmund Carlton, a mine owner who orders a mine blown with child labourers inside out of greed.
- Undead Child: The villains are children who became zombies after being trapped in a mine.