After several delays due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, it was released on September 11.
After a break-up, a young woman decides to start a gallery where people can leave trinkets from past relationships.
This film provides examples of:
- Book Ends: The movie begins with Lucy going throw mementos from a past breakup and ends with Nick presenting items of his relationship with Lucy, with her cutting him off saying he doesn't have to do this since they won't break up.
- Brick Joke: When Nick first shows Lucy the hotel he remarks that everything he owns can fit inside a backpack and that if there was ever a zombie apocalypse he would just leave. At the end of the movie when he is making his own video Lucy references this joke while messing with him.
- Cradle of Loneliness: The mementos making up the gallery all qualify.
- Elective Mute: Jeff. Stated to be the whole reason his girlfriend Amanda likes him. Broken after the below Side Bet entry, he turns out to be quite chatty.
- Lucy treats the monopoly memento in the beginning very different from the others and her friends quickly stop making fun of it. It is from her first heartbreak, her mom who developed Alzheimer's and whose memory loss started Lucy's memento collecting habit.
- Nick showing Lucy the neon sign shop like he has something for her when he picks up the hotel sign foreshadows his renaming the hotel after her exhibit with a neon sign from the same shop.
- When Chloe shows up at the hotel looking for Nick, and Lucy not knowing who she is offers to take a message.
- Love Hurts: Many characters are hit by this. Giving up the mementos and acknowledging this helps many of them move on.
- The One That Got Away: Just about every character has one.
- Side Bet: Amanda and Nadine continually bet on Lucy's love life behind her back. When Lucy finds out and interrogates them to find out how much they have spent over the years, they both insist "just pennies". Cue Jeff breaking his silence to reveal the exact amount, which is almost $800. Amanda is unsurprisingly not happy about this.