Our Little Sister is a 2015 Japanese drama by Kore-Eda Hirokazu.
The three Kouda sisters, named Sachi, Yoshino and Chika live together in a big old house that they inherited. One day, they receive news of the death of their father whom they haven't seen in 15 years. At the funeral, they meet their 14 year old half-sister Suzu Asano. As there is nobody to take care of her the oldest sister Sachi invites her to live with them.
This happens in like ten minutes. Then only daily life things happen but they have to deal with them.
This film features examples of:
- Happily Adopted: Asano is happy to live with her older sisters.
- Nuclear Family: Inverted.
- Parental Abandonment: Both parents of the older sisters left them. The film begins as their father dies after fifteen years of absence; and their mother is still alive but not there.
- Promotion to Parent: Sachi, the older sister, is the head of the family.
- Sailor Fuku: Asano wears one when first meeting her older sisters.
- Sibling Team: These three then four sisters live together, the older one acting as head of the family.
- Unknown Relative: What Asano is to her older sisters in the beginning.