The day before Hiccup's final dragon training test, Astrid never finds him in the woods. He suits up, packs up, and heads for the sky. Across the ocean, Princess Merida runs away, wishing for anything in the world to change her fate. A hop, a skip, and a boat ride away, Rapunzel with her magic hair just can't wait to be finally free.
There are about 12 chapters as of yet, and it dormant right now.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: Usually of the For Want of a Nail variety. In Rapunzel's case, the main difference is the introduction of the other characters.
- Claustrophobia: When the group is trapped in the mines as the water rises, Merdia completely breaks down from her claustrophobia. Hiccup has to calm her down with a lullaby.
- Crossover Ship: Hiccup/Merida is beginning to come out.
- Fan Art: The author made a cover picture for this story here and a fan made a picture of Matilda of the Macintosh Clan here
- The Fair Folk:
- "I Want" Song: "I've Got a Dream", which includes Hiccup and Merida, although Hiccup in particular isn't comfortable contributing at first.
- Loveable Rogue: How Flynn sees himself.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Merida and Hiccup, as readers would expect.
- Not the Nose: Flynn cries this out when the he is being held to be punched.
- Original Generation: Matilda of the Macintosh Clan as mentioned in the Fan Art entry, introduced as a potential antagonist in the Brave story.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Averted. Flynn asks Hiccup where his girlfriend went, referring to Merida. Hiccup narrowly avoids saying this as Flynn took a tree branch to the face, swung by Merida. (Makes sense in context)
- Silent Snarker: Toothless is clearly annoyed with most of Rapunzel's antics, and expresses it.
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: Hiccup, Merida, Flynn, Rapunzel, and Toothless.
- The Runaway: Hiccup and Merida are running away from parents. Rapunzel to see the lanterns.
- The Stations of the Canon: Hits almost all for Rapunzel so far. Averted for Merida, who it seems never wishes her mother into a bear.
- What If?: The basic principle of this fic is that Hiccup and Toothless weren't discovered by Astrid as Hiccup prepared to leave Berk, which leads to them meeting Merida on the coast and then landing in the forest in time to run into Flynn and Rapunzel.