There was once a time when all was right with the world. Then one Haruna Saotome received an artifact that allowed to create anything she can draw...
Artifact Abuse is a Mahou Sensei Negima! fic revolving around Haruna's various (mis)uses of her artifact. Written by Japanese Teeth, it focuses on the chaos Haruna causes as she finds ways to twist her artifact to various ends, ranging from the perverted to the ridiculous.
Can be read here.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Referenced.
- Author Appeal: The reason for the large amount of Girl on girl.
- Butt-Monkey: In the most recently released chapter, Anya. The text states that it was inevitable that she'd get caught in the crossfire, and yet there is no rational way she could have predicted the bad things that could happen to her, so ...
- Chekhov's Gun: The syrup in the Sugar Rush chapters
- Covert Pervert: Nodoka, even moreso than usual. And Yue, to a lesser degree.
- Dirty Mind-Reading: Pretty much whenever Nodoka uses her artifact, especially on Haruna.
- Gender Bender: In a Shout-Out to Ranma ½, Haruna orders a barrel of water from the Spring of Drowned Girl so she could use it on Negi. And who should fall into it? Not Negi.
- Genre Blind: Yue in chapter 17Yue: You do realize that the world doesn't actually run according to the laws of fiction, right?
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Haruna's bondage experimentation.
- Gone Horribly Right: EVERYTHING ELSE she tries.
- Example: She tries to make syrup. Out of the sap from the World Tree. It buffs her magic power almost indefinitely. Problem: She can't control it.
- Lime: Kinky stuff occurs, but it's never actually "shown" in detail.
- Memetic Mutation: In-Universe: Probably what Haruna had in mind for the whole Dekopin Rocket concert ordeal.
- Mundane Utility: Haruna's artifact, used for things like taking notes in class and Having a pool party.
- Also The World Tree, a concentration of magical energy that Haruna uses to make syrup.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Haruna
- Noodle Incident: Several.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When Haruna suddenly begins to be non-disruptive and productive, Yue and Nodoka immediately assume that she's up to something.
- Powered Armor: The motorcycle Haruna creates for Chisame can inexplicably turn into this.
- Power Incontinence: Due to the magic syrup
- Power Perversion Potential: The entire point of the story.
- Screw Yourself: repeatedly.
- Self-Duplication: PARU SAMA'S ONE WOMAN POOL PARTY
- Skewed Priorities: "This is much more important than actually learning!"
- Shout-Out: To Pokémon, King Kong, and various other things.
- Superpower Meltdown: Caused by magic syrup
- That's What She Said: When one of Haruna's Negi-clones takes over the class and teaches them about English innuendo.
- What Does This Button Do?: On a motorcycle created by Haruna.