A story by Keeyla. It's an homage to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, with bunches of other stories thrown into the mix, usually other classic literature or fairy tales. Basically, it's about bizarre animals trying to get out of the enormous lab where they live after the day when all the cage doors open and the humans mysteriously vanish.
May or may not get made into a webcomic in the future. I'm an artist and character designer, not a writer, so I really don't know how I'd go about making a good comic.
For now, this is just a self-reference page for myself to keep this whole thing straight.
Barking Kansas provides examples of:
- Abandoned Laboratory (with an Unnecessarily Large Interior)
- After the End: Kind of. The humans have all vanished.
- The Alcatraz
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife
- Animal Stereotypes
- Animal Testing: See Playing with Syringes
- Animals Are Easier To Draw
- Artistic License Biology
- Bio Punk
- Carnivore Confusion
- For Science!: Everything that's done in the labs.
- Funny Animal Anatomy
- LEGO Genetics
- The Lost Woods
- Misplaced Wildlife
- Mix-and-Match Critters: All over the place.
- No OSHA Compliance
- Playing with Syringes
- Reference Overdosed: EVERYTHING.
- Small Taxonomy Pools: Aye ayes and fossas and golden lion tamarins, oh my.
- Talking Animal
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: These abound in the laboratories.
- Whole Plot Reference: To The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- Yellow Brick Road