Kelly Thompson is a novelist and comic book creator best known for her work on IDW's Jem and the Holograms alongside Sophie Campbell, as well as writing for Kate Bishop. She is currently writing for Deadpool and Captain Marvel, as well as the upcoming volume of Black Widow.
Thompson graduated from the Savannah College of Art and Design with a degree in Sequential Art and got a job at Comic Book Resources. From 2009 to 2015, she wrote a column at CBR called "She Has No Head!" centered around women in comics. In 2012, she Kickstarted her first novel, The Girl Who Would Be King, and in 2014, she published her second novel, Storykiller.
- A-Force vol. 2 #2-10
- Black Widow vol 8 (upcoming) #1-present
- Deadpool vol 8 #1-present
- Captain Marvel vol 10 #1-present
- Hawkeye vol. 5 #1-16
- Jessica Jones: Blind Spot #1-3
- Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #1-3
- Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Captain Phasma #1-4
- Mr. and Mrs. X #1-12
- Rogue & Gambit #1-5
- Secret Wars: Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #1-4 (alongside Kelly Sue DeConnick)
- Uncanny X-Men vol 5 #1-10 (alongside Matthew Rosenberg and Ed Brisson)
- West Coast Avengers #1-10
- Author Appeal:
- She loves using Elsa Bloodstone in her books. So far, Elsa has appeared in A-Force, Jessica Jones, and Deadpool.
- She also loves writing for Rogue and Gambit together — she wrote both the Rogue & Gambit mini-series and Mr. and Mrs X, which was about them after they impulsively got married. Rogue also showed up in the first arc of Thompson's Captain Marvel.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: She co-created Jeff the Land Shark in the pages of West Coast Avengers and the cute baby land shark has followed her to the pages of Deadpool, too.