Herbert Brough Falcon Marshall (23 May 1890 22 January 1966) was an English actor.
Despite having lost a leg during World War I, he starred in many popular and well-regarded Hollywood films in the 1930s and 1940s, an in-demand Hollywood leading man who frequently appeared in romantic melodramas and occasional comedies. In his later years, he turned to character acting. Often praised for the quality of his voice, he also made numerous radio guest appearances and hosted several shows, even starring in his own radio series from 1944 to 1952, The Man Called 'X'.
Films with pages on TV Tropes:
- The Letter (1929)
- Also appears in the 1940 remake.
- Murder! (1930)
- Blonde Venus (1932)
- Trouble in Paradise (1932)
- If You Could Only Cook (1935)
- Foreign Correspondent (1940)
- The Little Foxes (1941)
- When Ladies Meet (1941 remake of the 1933 film)
- Andy Hardy's Blonde Trouble (1944)
- The Razor's Edge (1946)
- Duel in the Sun (1946)
- The Secret Garden (1949)
- Anne of the Indies (1951)
- Angel Face (1952)
- The Fly (1958)
- Midnight Lace (1960)
- Five Weeks in a Balloon (1962)