Giuppy Izzo (real name Giuseppina Izzo, born April 3rd, 1968) is an Italian voice actress, known for voicing Lorelai in Gilmore Girls, Meredith in Grey's Anatomy, and the titular Bridget Jones in the movies.
She comes from the Izzo family, whose members are all well-known voice actors.
Some of her voice acting roles include:
Films – Animation
- Abby Mallard in Chicken Little
- Vera in Norm of the North
- Wendy in Peter Pan (1987 redub)
- Beans in Rango
- DJ Suki in Trolls
Films – Live Action
- Renée Zellweger in several roles
- Rachel Weisz in several roles
- Ororo Munroe/Storm in X-Men Film Series
- Lynn Tanner in ALF
- Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Lorelai Gilmore in Gilmore Girls
- Meredith Grey in Grey's Anatomy
- Morgan in Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Joyce Byers in Stranger Things
- Jessica Pearson in Suits
- Dewey in DuckTales (1987) (ep. 1-65)
- Sue Murphy in F is for Family
- Hefty (Seasons 2+), Grouchy (Seasons 2+), Azrael, and Baby Smurf in The Smurfs (1981)
- Barbara Lake in Trollhunters
Her works provide examples of:
- Early-Installment Weirdness: In her early dubs, the spelling of her Stage Name in the credits was inconsistent, from Juppy Izzo or even Juppi Izzo.
- Real-Life Relative: The best example is Gilmore Girls. Giuppy dubbed Lorelai, while her niece Myriam Catania dubbed Lorelai's daughter Rory.
- Role Reprise: The Gilmore Girls revival A Year in the Life stayed at the same studio (PUMAISdue), with the main characters' voice actresses (Giuppy Izzo and Myriam Catania) appointing themselves as the dubbing directors and inviting all the original voice actors back after nine years.