Deep-Sea Prisoner, also known as Mogeko, Okegom, and Funamusea, is the creator of several games made in RPG Maker, as well as some other media such as comics and flash animation.
Games made by Mogeko include:
- Mogeko Castle (originally released in 2012, remade in 2014)
- The Gray Garden (2012)
- Wadanohara And The Great Blue Sea (2013)
- Carnival Rhythm (Currently in development)
- General Hashasky's Great Adventure, the sequel to Mogeko Castle (Currently in development)
- The End of the Wonderland (Currently in development)
Other works created by Mogeko include:
- A manga adaptation of Wadanohara
- Ice Scream, various comics and small games featuring a cast of artic animal-people
- Obsolete Dream, a Web Comic featuring Kurotsuno the demon and her "friends"
- Poison Bug, a short animation
- Curse of the Sun, another short animation
You can visit their site here.
Tropes common to Mogeko's works include:
- Author Avatar: The strange Mogeko cats that show up in all of their games.
- Badass Adorable: Many of their characters, due to their cutesy art style.
- Braids of Action: Yonaka, Wadanohara, and Rocma are a few examples.
- Break the Cutie: Happens in Mogeko Castle and Wadanohara.
- Crapsaccharine World: Many locations shown in Mogeko's works seem peaceful and idyllic, and they are. It's just that there are just as many malevolent forces out there too.
- Escape Sequence: Nearly every one of their works features a chase scene at some point. They often involve navigating a mazelike level while fleeing from an enemy that will give an instant Game Over on contact.
- Little Bit Beastly: Most prominently in Wadanohara due to the animal familiars. Ice Scream's main cast also consists entirely of animal-people.
- Rape as Drama/Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Many villainous characters display some rather unscrupulous behavior, ranging from creepy (Emalf's interest in Yosafire) to outright evil (Sal from Wadanohara). And then there's King mogeko, hoo boy, but even he is outdone by Moge-ko, who takes everything bad Up to Eleven. Though Black Comedy Rape crops up as well.
- Signature Style: They have a fairly recognizable art style, with cutesy, not-too-complicated character designs, and a noticeably recurring sense of humor (namely Slapstick and Black Comedy). And prosciutto too, which is glorified foodstuff in Mogeko Castle and an absurdly powerful healing item in later works.
- Surprise Creepy: There's a reason some of their games have a higher age rating.