Wolverine is minding his own business, thank you very much, until a strange girl who introduces herself as Fusa drags him over fifty years into the future, to the hellish world of 2058.
There, she explains, humanity is all but extinct thanks to the invasion of creatures known as Mandates. The Mandates are nearly impossible to kill, and their cores, their one weakness, are invulnerable... But not to adamantium. For that reason, she's gone to ask Wolverine for his help in defeating them, for the sake of saving what's left of humanity; Wolverine concedes to help.
Wolverine: Snikt! provides examples of:
- After the End: The Mandates ended up destroying the whole world, with a couple of survivors left.
- Animesque: Beside being written and drawn by an actual mangaka, Snikt! was a part of the Tsunami imprint Marvel put out in 2003 in an attempt to appeal to Manga fans after mixed results from Marvel Mangaverse.
- Audible Sharpness: The comic takes its name from the trademark sound effect of Wolverine's razor sharp claws.
- Beautiful Void: And the colouring just makes it even more mesmerizing.
- Beauty to Beast: What happens to everyone who ends up infected.
- Body Horror: The Mandates are... Not very pretty, to put it lightly.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: The events of this comic aren't necessarily monumental or a big part of Logan's life. It's literally just another day of his superhero career and the series ends with him returning to New York and returning to living his life as if nothing happened.
- Clothing Damage: Weirdly averted.
- Decompressed Comic: Thanks to being written and drawn by an actual manga artist.
- Excited Show Title!
- Healing Factor: It's Wolverine, so his of course is in full effect during the comic. The Mandates have a healing factor too, unless their core is destroyed by Wolverine's claws.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Logan's clothes take a cue or two from his look in the movie trilogy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Logan; he's a jerk, but a jerk who's doing the right thing.
- Only Six Faces: It was drawn before Nihei started to expand his facial appearances for his characters. You can spot Cibo as two girls, Killy, and Sanakan with long hair among other familiar faces.
- Spiritual Successor: As part of Tsunami and by virtue of being the only title in the imprint to actually utilize storytelling in Manga, Snikt! ends up being a successor to Marvel Mangaverse.
- You Dont Look Like Yourself: There's something... Odd about Logan's appearance. See Only Six Faces- he's essentially drawn as Killy with Wolverine's hair.