The Pitiful Human-Lizard is a Canadian Comic Book by Jason Loo and Allison O'Toole.
Lucas Barrett is a 30-something guy living in Toronto Ontario, Canada. By day, he's an office clerk who practices Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu and is a Star Wars fan. By night, however, he is the Human-Lizard, a crime fighting vigilante dedicated to cleaning the streets of crime. Problem is, he kind of sucks at it. Doesn't stop him from putting himself out there night after night, though.
One day, however, while at his BJJ class, his sensei informs him that his credit card's been declined for the next session. Not wanting to give up on his crime fighting career, Lucas rents himself out as a test subject to a pharmaceutical company who gives him a new painkiller they've been developing. One pill sends Lucas into a more-than-an-hour-long puking session and makes him lose consciousness for a while. However, after taking another beating, he also discovers that the pill gave him a Healing Factor. With this new power, Lucas continues to try to deal out justice in Toronto.
The comic was funded on Kickstarter on March 16th, 2014, and released in 2016.
The Pitiful Human-Lizard contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Mother Wonder's civilian identity is Beverly Brooks.
- An Arm and a Leg: Human-Lizard loses one of his arms in a fight against a giant monster. However, by then, he already gained his Healing Factor, so all he had to do was put his severed limb back on, and let his power do the rest.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: DUH! He IS the Human-Lizard.
- Big Bad: Eaton Peepers seems to be set up as this.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The Majestic Rat has dyed the fur of his army to split them into different teams for different jobs.
- Crossover: With Captain Canuck. While they do appear in the same comic, they never cross paths, and Lucas doesn't even suit up or try to get his attention.
- Healing Factor: Lucas gains the ability to heal rapidly from his injuries from a prototype painkiller pill he tested from a pharmaceutical company.
- Legacy Character: Lucas is actually the second Human-Lizard. The first was his father, Hugh, who mainly invented the schtick to test out his company's glue formula.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Averted. In addition to his rat army, Majestic Rat also has an alligator named Gruber.
- Pest Controller: The Majestic Rat has a rat army at his control.
- Psychic Powers: Barb has these powers. She eventually uses them to fight crime as Lady Accident.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: In Issue #4, two of Majestic Rat's numbers are kidnapped and experimented on by the same doctors who gave Lucas the pill that gave him his Healing Factor. The rats are turned into man-sized rodents with the ability to spit great big wads of bile.
- Sassy Black Woman: Mother Wonder.
- Spikes of Villainy: Bodyrocks has a lot of spikes all over his body.
- Swarm of Rats: Majestic Rat commands one.
- You Dirty Rat!: The Majestic Rat has a whole army of these at his beck and call.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Beverly's hair is pink when she's Mother Wonder.