Taking place after the end of Return of the Jedi, the story follows a mysterious elite TIE fighter squadron known as the Shadow Wing in the final days of the Galactic Civil War and the fall of the Empire as they continue to protect Imperial interests.
The first issue was released on April 17th, 2019.
Tropes in this comic include:
- Chekhov's Gunman: Lyttan Dree, a fellow cadet of Han in Han Solo: Imperial Cadet to the point that Han tried to save him some trouble at the cost of being demoted to the infantry corps in the Solo novelization, is now a member of Shadow Wing. Doubles as a case of Unwitting Instigator of Doom and From Nobody to Nightmare.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Yrica Quell, the main character of Alphabet Squadron, appears during a flashback in Issue #1.
- Simultaneous Arcs: The comic will crossover with Alphabet Squadron.
- Two Girls to a Team: Zin and Jeela are the only two female members of the Shadow Wing squadron made of five pilots.
- Villain Protagonist: The main characters are all elite TIE pilots fighting for the Empire.