The main character of the fic, Scootaloo during the war was the Vice President of Stable-Tec and was the one to propose the social experiments the Stables carried out. She survived by being placed in magical stasis by Rainbow Dash and wakes up about 10 years after the events of Fallout: Equestria, she spends the first few chapters of the fic battling her personal demons and looking for her family She finds it in a filly named Serenity.
- Action Girl: Its kind of a given since she's the main character, but she has fought against the Enclave on at least one occasion.
- Action Mom: Prior to being placed into stasis she had a daughter named Cloudy, and she definitely qualifies these days.
- Anti-Hero: She's reprising this from the original fic.
- The Atoner: Her journey is in part to atone for her actions during the war.
- Badass Longcoat: She wears one as part of her disguise.
- Bad Dreams: She suffers from particularly nasty ones involving ponies she knows being consumed by a Megaspell and her being left the only one alive, and then they call her out for it.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She wears a black outfit starting in chapter 1.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Very much so.
- Good Is Not Soft: Definitely not, she has had some combat training and can hold her own, and then there's what she did during the war.
- Handicapped Badass: The fic doesn't even bother hiding it, she's specifically stated to be incapable of flight in the fic.
- Happily Adopted: For a time at least when she lived with Rainbow Dash up until the war.
- Heartwarming Orphan: Played with, Scootaloo was orphaned when she was young and later adopted by Rainbow Dash, however its not a major plot point outside of chapter 5.
- Heroic BSoD: She suffers one when she finds out what happened to Rainbow Dash, but it doesn't last long.
- Hurting Hero: She suffers a lot, including from PTSD.
- In-Series Nickname: The Wanderer.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She practically says it word for word once she realizes how badly the Stables had failed.
- Nice Hat: She wears a fedora specifically.
- Survivor's Guilt: She suffers from this as a result of being the last survivor of her friends and family, its even the title of the fic she stars in.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: In the past, now that she's seen the results of it she wants to make up for it.
A Stable Dweller from Stable 66 somewhere in Manehattan, Arc Light left her home Stable in order to find her best friend (and crush) Caramel Corn who seems to have been captured by the Enclave.
- The Mole: In chapter 22 its revealed that she's really an Enclave spy, albeit one who was forced.
A Stable Dweller from Stable 48 outside of Reino, Cherry is part of the breeder division from her home Stable. She left the Stable and wound up working at a brothel until she met Scootaloo and Arc Light. After their trip to Stable 48, she formally joined Scootaloo's team.
- All Lesbians Want Kids: Kinda played with, she is pregnant at the time the fic starts, but she didn't necessarily want the child instead had to do it because of her role in her home Stable. However she wants to keep the child and raise her away from her home.
- Baby Factory: Played with, Cherry's role in the Stable as a Breeder in essence makes her this, but basically only when her name comes up in the cycle. There are other ponies in the Stable that likely fit it a lot more such as Tinker.
- Flower Motifs: Her Cutie Mark is of a pink flower blossom.
- Floral Theme Naming: Well, her name is Cherry Blossom.
- Lipstick Lesbian: While not completely feminine, Cherry is generally more feminine than her teammates, and she's the only one who willingly wore a dress in chapter 10.
- Pregnant Badass: She helped take on the Enclave in Stable 48 despite being six months pregnant.
A Zebra that had traveled to Equestria from the Zebra Lands, very little is known about her at the moment other than that she seems to represent something called the Free Roam Alliance.
- Ancient Rome: Of sorts, the Zebras are modeled on Rome but are more modernized.
- Bilingual Bonus: All her dialogue actually means something in Latin.
- Gratuitous Latin: She doesn't speak the Equestrian language, instead speaking in the Zebra language, which seems to be Latin. She does seem to have slowly picked up on Equestrian.
- Bad Dreams: She suffers from these on occasion because of her time fighting the Changelings.
- Child Soldier: A minor example of one, but she did fight in a war against the Changeling invaders along with the Crusaders.
- Generation Xerox: She has a lot of similarities to Scootaloo, which makes sense given that she's her descendant.
The Grand Pegasus Enclave
The President of the Enclave, she's behind all the Enclave's actions in the past 10 years. Not much is known about her otherwise except that she was originally the Secretary of Education for the Enclave.
- Affably Evil: In her brief interaction with Scootaloo in chapter 10 she came across as polite and almost courteous.
- Big Bad: Is this for Survivor's Guilt.
- Evil Brit: While not described as such in the fic, Word of God is that she sounds similar to Doctor Sofia Lamb from Bio Shock 2.
- Expy: She shares some qualities with John Henry Eden from Fallout 3:
- They both broadcast speeches on occasion.
- They're both the President of the Enclave.
- They both come off as Affably Evil.
- HeelFace Turn: In Chapter 32 following the use of a Megaspell on the city of Thunderhead, she suffered a breakdown and after talking with Scootaloo, gave the order to her forces to stand down and ended the war. She went on to say that it was time for the Enclave to work with the Alliance and help Equestria.
- Luke, You Are My Father: Of sorts In chapter 19 it is revealed that Scootaloo is actually Winter Breeze's ancestor.
- President Evil: She appears to be one at least.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Not necessarily among the hero groups, but there seems to be a growing pro-Enclave sentiment in Equestria following her first speech.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She at least tries to be one, whether or not she is one is open to interpretation.
Not to be confused with the My Little Pony character of the same name, Cloud Chaser is a cold and ruthless General in the Enclave Remnant that is encountered in Stable 117.
- Ambition Is Evil: He comes off as ambitious at times.
- Co-Dragons: Along with the other remaining Generals and Tornado.
- Dragon Ascendant: At the end of chapter 32, see below.
- Evil Brit: He seems to speak in a Trottingham accent.
- Expy: He seems to share some qualities with the Star Wars character Thrawn, even having a similar color scheme.
- The Starscream: In chapter 32 after Winter ordered the Enclave to stand down he had her captured, then branded and exiled as a Dashite, assuming control of the Enclave.
A mysterious Alicorn that appears twice so far in Scootaloo's journey, her origin and backstory is unknown other than that she serves as a bodyguard and enforcer for Winter Breeze.