The following series have their own pages:
Walking with Dinosaurs
- The ending of "New Blood", when a herd of Plateosaurus march in, scaring off the Coelophysis. Especially the music. And even more especially the narration. "This is the shape of things to come. The Age of the Dinosaurs has dawned."
- The march of the Diplodocus in the opening of "Time of the Titans".
- The ending of that same episode. The music swells, we see a heard of colossal Diplodocus marching on, and the narrator tells us that "Life on Earth will never again get this big." Paleontology marched on in regards to that statement, but it's still an awesome moment.
- The opening to Cruel Sea is probably the most memorable moment of the entire series, when Branagh narrates "The predator is laying in wait for its prey, waiting to strike," with a Eustreptospondylus peering into the ocean expectantly - when suddenly a giant Liopleurodon leaps out of the water, snatching the large theropod off the land for a tasty meal. The episode title card, "Cruel Sea", punctuates the moment.
- It ended badly, but you can't deny that the old male Ornithocheirus' journey in "Giant of the Skies" was pretty awesome; he's 40-years-old (which is bound to be ancient in pterosaur years), and yet he flew halfway across the world just because his sex drive was too much for him to ignore. And he beat death multiple times while doing it, given that he could have ended up getting eaten by a sea monster or mauled by raptors. Instead, he dies because the journey tired him out. Which, in a weird sort of way, makes it a Dying Moment of Awesome too.
- The Utahraptor hunt. It's a swift, brutal kill where two dromaeosaurs take down an Iguanodon.
- The Torosaurus fight ends with one pushing against its rival's horns so hard it breaks one of them clean off. The brow horns of ceratopsians were stout structures, and were further strengthened by keratin sheathes over the bony cores. To break one off would require some serious strength.
- Tear Jerker though it might be, the Apocalypse Wow at the end of "Death of a Dynasty" is magnificently executed. After a blinding light emanates from the fateful meteor crashing into Earth far away, the ground begins to shake and the massive cloud of the blast front sweeps in over the mountains. The T. rex chicks and their mother's corpse are swept away by the incredible wind as debris flies everywhere — then, finally, a rain of molten rock comes down as Kenneth Branagh proclaims: "This is the end of the Age of the Dinosaurs."
- The dinosaurs are revealed to have never gone extinct at all: birds are all around us today. The series ends with a montage of birds thriving in the present day.
- Right after the end credits finish, we hear the roar of a Tyrannosaurus one last time.
Walking with Monsters
- The mother Dimetrodon defending her nest from the rival female.
- It's worth pointing out that the mother was weak from laying and watching over her eggs, yet still managed to fight for what must have been hours and ultimately end up winning.
- The tiny predator Euparkeria becoming a gigantic Allosaurus and frightening the croc-like chasmatosaur which chased it just before (like saying: "Yeah, sucka! Who's an apex predator NOW?!"). Followed by the Allosaurus stalking out onto a Jurassic plain to a full reprise of the original series theme as the narrator notes the Age of the Dinosaurs has truly begun.
The 2013 Movie
- Patchi saving Scowler (the dinosaur who picked on him everyday, kicked him out of the herd, and refused to call him his brother) from the Gorgosaurus. In fact, he and the herd work together to drive the predators back, and he even breaks Gorgon's arm with the hole in his frill and knock some teeth out. And the line he says shows how far he's come.Patchi: That was for my brother, that was for my dad, and THIS (headbutts Gorgon, knocking out some of his teeth in the process) that's so how you'll remember me!
- Don't forget the fight between Patchi and Scowler. Of course Patchi lost, but it's still amazing how he refuses to back down from his bullying brother — and the cinematography in this scene is nothing short of gorgeous.
- Alex gets one when he snaps Patchi out of his Heroic BSoD by telling him that he should live or die for something worth living for.Alex: Patchi, listen to me. Do not die in vain. If you want to die, die for something your father did. He died for you.
- Patchi leading the herd safely around the frozen lake.
- Gorgon snatching the azhdarchid pterosaur out of the air.
- The Diplodocus hunt in "The Ballad of Big Al", and the music really helps.
- The young male Homo habilis in Walking with Cavemen gets two: learning how to make tools from stones & rallying the troop together to scare a lion away from a carcass.
- From the special Sea Monsters Nigel Marven tagging the giant shark Megalodon.
- And later at the end of the episode the Mosasaur pod suddenly targets the ship...fridge horror ensues