- Quite a few of the special match intros can be considered awesome.
- Alex and Hugo staring down each other, reminiscent of the iconic Hulk and Andre staredown at 'Mania III.
- Makoto and Ibuki clashing via dive kicking and taking their stances.
- A simple one, but Ryu and Ken sharing a fist bump before their fight.
- Makoto and Yun or Yang bowing before their fights.
- Dudley almost running down a standing Makoto might seem a bit off at first, until you realize that he was most likely testing the young prodigy's reaction. She didn't budge one bit.
- Sean shares two special intros, both of which involves him shooting a basketball at his opponent. The one with Elena has him temporarily dizzy her with the basketball. The one with Yun has the latter not even move an inch.
- Seeing Remy, Yun, Dudley and Ibuki stand up to Q when paired up with him is nothing short of badass.
- Makoto (who has quite a few of these) managing to cool herself down before her match with Ryu, and defiantly standing up to Akuma when paired up against him.
- Makoto's arcade ending shows the massive pile of challengers she's defeated. This includes some of the 3rd Strike roster, as well as Zangief, T. Hawk, Dee Jay, and Street Fighter Alpha-era Cammy!
- Countering any of Gill's Super Arts. They're intentionally designed to be difficult, but all three can be countered if you're in the right position at the right time. You can dash under the Meteor Strike and hit him out of the animation. You can also hit him out of the Seraphic Wing animation before he fully spreads his wings. The Resurrection can't be stopped, but you can limit the amount of health Gill regains by dashing up close and hitting him out of the animation. Due to how it pushes your character back, projectiles and most heavy attacks won't work. The easiest way is to use a light or medium attack; if you have a Super Art stocked up, you can combo Gill into another KO.
- Similarly, parrying Akuma's Kongou Kokuretsu Zan. It's an extremely powerful Super Art, but the shockwaves can be parried on the ground and midair. If you manage to pull it off, the game will register that you parried four hits at the same time.
Awesome / Street Fighter III