The Adventures of Mini-Goddess• is a Gag Series based on the Ah! My Goddess manga series – specifically the random 4-panel comics that appeared between early chapters of the series. Features the exploits of Fun Size copies of the goddesses and a long-suffering rat named Gan. The anime by OLM Incorporated aired 48 7-minute episodes between 1998 and 1999.
The series was dubbed into English and released on DVD by Pioneer (who also handled The Movie) in 2002, but fell out of print upon the company's 2007 shutdown.
- Out-of-Genre Experience:
- Episode 25/26 would at first glance seem to be a parody of Die Hard. Except there is no parody involved as the show suddenly decides to become a genuine action thriller complete with guns, villains and seemingly no jokes (until the end, that is) whatsoever. The standard ending theme is also replaced with a movie style text crawl featuring some appropriate epic sounding music.
- Episode 28 is a No-Dialogue Episode following Urd walking around town on a rainy day. There is no jokes or even a story really being told. Just Urd and her emotions being viewed through a more muted than usual color palette while soulful piano and violin music plays in the background.
- Parody Names: "Chu Hard" (Die Hard), "Gabira" (Gojira/Godzilla)
- A manga of the main series is shown.
- They also reference Stallone's Cliffhanger in a two-parter involving a runaway air conditioner.
- Episode Two has Skuld, Urd, and Gan riding on mecha. Not all that surprising, until you consider that Skuld's Unit Zero is blue, Urd's Unit One is purple, and Gan's Unit Three is red.
- The Voice: Keiichi. Lampshaded in one episode where a confused Gan wonders who and what the college student obliquely mentioned in the opening narration is.