Baby Felix and Friends is an Anime spinoff of the Felix the Cat (Joe Oriolo) cartoons and a Spinoff Babies take on the classic Felix the Cat character. It was produced by the now defunct Radix animation studio and ran for 26 half hour episodes (consisting of 65 five minute episodes total) on the NHK network from 2000 to 2001. An English dub of the series was released on DVD in the US.
- Adaptational Name Change: Martin the Martian is renamed to Marty for this series, likely to keep people from confusing him with Marvin the Martian.
- Adaptational Wimp: The Master Cylinder appears, but since this is before he left to become king of the moon, he's just another minion for Professor here.
- The Bus Came Back: Kitty Kat, who was Adapted Out of the Joe Oriolo Felix cartoons, returns in both adult and infant form in this series.
- Canon Foreigner: Mookie, Mimi, Skippy and Tattoo are new characters created solely for this series.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Averted in this anime adaptation, as Felix now has five fingers, like most anime characters in general have in this version.
- Prequel: The series is both this and a sequel to the Joe Oriolo Felix cartoons, since both the infant Felix of the past and adult Felix of the present interact with each other.
- Spinoff Babies: Although the older Felix makes appearances, the focus is obviously on himself as an infant.
- Stable Time Loop: In "Magic Bag Mania", Adult Felix gives Baby Felix his own Magic Bag of Tricks, which explains how he got the bag in the first place. This does raise the question of where Felix could find another Magic Bag of Tricks in the first place.
- Time Travel: Both the younger Felix and Adult Felix interact this way.