In a World where a voice from above tells you to Not to be confused with Fatal Racing that uses the same title inside the States.
Whiplash is a 2003 platforming game for the PS2
. You play a genetically altered weasel and rabbit handcuffed together
and trying to escape an animal testing facility. You directly control Spanx (the weasel) while Redmond (the rabbit) is dragged along and used as a bludgeon.
After breaking out of containment, Spanx and Redmond follow the advice of a mysterious voice in the computer system to try and escape from Genron
while freeing other test animals from cartoonishly cruel experiments. A running secondary goal of the game is to smash stuff. There's actually a running counter at the bottom of the screen showing how much money the company has, and a little is deducted for every fire extinguisher you break. The platforming is relatively generic, but much of the fun of the game comes from the simple fact you're destroying a large corporation by bashing it with a rabbit.
- Amusing Injuries: Poor Redmond.
- Big Bad: Franklin D. Mann, the CEO in charge of Genron and resident madman.
- Bland Name Product: The Genron Corporation.
- Cartoon Creature: Spanx is officially a long-tailed weasel, but is mostly a thing. Redmond speculates wildly on what he is.
"You're a bad, BAD weasel...Or whatever you are."
- Chained Heat: The basic premise.
- Deadpan Snarker: Redmond makes up for his helplessness by lampshading everything he can.
- Die, Chair! Die!: With a vengeance.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Spanx first appeared (sans Redmond) in a foot-racing game for the Xbox launch called Mad Dash Racing.
- Enemy Mine: It is repeatedly discussed how weasels and rabbits are supposed to be enemies. Redmond certainly comes to despise Spanx at the least.
- Epic Flail: How Spanx uses Redmond.
- For Science!: Most of Genron's experiments seem to have the singular purpose of tormenting animals.
- Game-Breaking Bug: In a demo of the game, there is a nasty glitch present that makes it literally impossible to complete.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Poor Redmond.
- Heroic Mime: Spanx never speaks due to his brain being long-fried by electricity.
- Iron Buttmonkey: Poor Redmond.
"Could you please stop breaking things with my face?!"
"You have a plan that DIDN'T involve using me as a war mace?"
"I don't suppose you'd stop if I told you how painful this was?...Didn't think so."
- Made of Iron: Redmond has been modified to be indestructible. Feel free to beat security guards over the head with him and jam him in gears to stop them.
- Mad Scientist: Tons, usually tormenting chimps in humorous ways until you show up.
- Mega Corp: Genron
- Rewarding Vandalism: It's the secondary goal of the game to rack up the debt.
- Unstoppable Rage: By hitting things/people enough, Redmond goes berserk and automatically sics himself on anything nearby.
- When All You Have Is An Indestructible Rabbit: Many of the puzzles involve sticking Redmond into something.