Video Game: Hero-U
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a planned Adventure Game by Lori and Corey Cole, creators of the Quest for Glory series, set in the same world. The story centers around the titular Hero-U, a school for heroes located on the island of Marete near Silmaria (the setting of Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire). The protagonist is Shawn, a thief who caught during his thieves guild initiation and given the choice between prison or reform at Hero-U. The game follows Shawn's adventures and eventual redemption.The Coles have mentioned they have a second Hero-U game planned featuring a female Wizard (They had originally wrote its story first, but changed their minds once they realized it would draw some unwanted parallels to another wizard sent to a strange magical school).
Hero-U provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Shawn, who starts as a thief.
- Academy of Adventure: Hero-U
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The proaches.
- Extranormal Institute: Hero-U
- Fish People: The Gogs.
- Hurricane of Puns: Can't get away from this one, being in the same universe as Quest for Glory.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: The proach, which is a cross between a praying mantis and a coackroach. Also a Big Creepy-Crawlies.
- Pun-Based Title
- Rodents of Unusual Size: The drats, which is the common name for dire rats.
- Series Mascot: Meeps, described as "Tribbles with legs, eyes and sharp teeth."
- Spiritual Sequel: To Quest for Glory, though both are set in the same world of Glorianna.