As often happens with Real Life
isn't easy to sum up in a few words. He's a twentysomething young lad from Belgium
who's something of a dreamer.
Although he's from Belgium, his parents are from Latin America, he went to a German-speaking school as a kid only to switch to a french-speaking one later on, learning Dutch and English along the way and ended up studying in Austria.
Has a deep love of music, books, TV, paintings, japanese culture and random pop culture.
Makes regular contributions to Doctor Who
recap pages, the Music and Live Action TV forums and adds the occasional comment or note if he finds another example for an article.
Was among other things Entry Pimp
for Eva Green
and Learning To Lie
, and wrote the original page for The Fades
TV Tropes ruined his life.
This Troper provides examples of:
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: one of his personal Berserk Buttons.
- Accidental Innuendo: A freakin' Grandmaster.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: By pushing up the corners with thumb and middlefinger.
- Adult Child
- Ambiguous Innocence
- Apologises a Lot
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: If it's not Cannot Spit It Out, it's this. Usually.
- Berserk Button: Double standards, Rape as Comedy, Cringe Comedy, general lack of decency and unwanted Spoilers.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Brilliant, but Lazy: up to Ridiculous Procrastinator levels.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer
- Cannot Convey Sarcasm: not online, at least.
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest
- Character Alignment: Started out Lawful Good-wannabe, although events often put him more towards Lawful Stupid. Nowadays more of a Neutral Good.
- Cavalier Competitor: with a hint of Friendly Rivalry
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Guy starts ten sentences without finishing one, on topics not in the slightest related to whatever's being discussed.
- Chaste Hero / Celibate Hero: However, he's also a bit of a ...
- Covert Pervert / Chivalrous Pervert
- Contemplate Our Navels
- Conversational Troping: TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary indeed.
- Cunning Linguist: Speaks five languages.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Double Consciousness
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: He plays the violin, writes, draws, paints, sings, plays chess, go and a lot more. Or he would if he'd actually give himself the time to practise.
- Geeky Turn-On: one of the best ways to get his attention.
- Got Me Doing It: Picks up at least a third of his lines and habits from friends, books and movies. He doesn't notice until it's too late.
- 100% Completion: He's a perfectionist. And he's lazy. When in college, not the best combination.
- The Idealist: At first. Growing up led him to wander more on the cynical side of the Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism, even though the idealism remains dominant.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: As a kid. Wanting to acheive the transition to Gentleman and a Scholar motivated most of his teen years. He's not quite there yet.
- It's All About Me: When it happens, it's in friggin' spades. And he's aware of it.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Is a fierce advocate of this trope.
- Just Friends: Sincerely believes this to be possible, and has this relationship with many.
- The Klutz: Used to be that way big time. He got better
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: A minor one, but it's there, all right.
- Lethal Chef: Then came college, and he got better.
- Lovable Nerd / Nerds Are Sexy - YMMV
- Mood-Swinger: Can be cheery one minute, half depressed the next, for no particular reason. Go figure.
- Motor Mouth
- Mr. Imagination
- Mr. Vice Guy: Slothnote
- Must Have Caffeine: Or in this case, Club Mate
- Nakama: About any person he befriends gets into his.
- Narm: A lot of his Contemplate Our Navels and Wangst comes off as this. Including to him.
- Nice Hat: Has taken to wearing one.
- Noble Bigot / Troubled Sympathetic Bigot: Used to be that way regardings things LGBT. He seems to be getting better, and spends a lot of time trying to be The Atoner.
- Not a Morning Person
- Oblivious to Love
- One of Us: Umm... yeah.
- The Philosopher
- Proud to Be a Geek: Even though it is only an aspect of his personality, it's one he thouroughly enjoys.
- Raised Catholic
- Serial Tweaker: Dear Lord...
- Serious Business: Everything he does is this to him, from school to Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness : Boy, does he like to use these big words. Often ends up in Metaphorgotten or, depending on the circumstances, Sophisticated as Hell.
- Socially-Awkward Hero
- Stoic Spectacles
- Talkative Loon
- Tall, Dark and Handsome. Not that it does him any good.
- That Came Out Wrong: Well, goes with the Accidental Innuendo
- Technical Pacifist
- Wall of Text: Whenever he writes something. Often combined with Purple Prose, which he seems to be growing out of.
- Undying Loyalty
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Having taught himself English using Hollywood productions, TV shows, BBC and Harry Potter, his vocabulary and pronunciation are a fun mix of British and American English.
- Younger than They Look
Media enjoyed by Karasu91
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
Please Vandalise Here, kthxbai.
Ah, a nice clean page... *panzer bursts through the wall and starts shooting paint everywhere* That's more like it. - Stolen By Faeries
Squeeee, my first!!! Thank you !!! ♥ ... (Aand, that totally did not sound awkward. No way.)
Another fan of Le Petit Prince
Ahh, but of course!! =) "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur... L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
You enjoy quite a few of the same things as me! Sherlock is great! So is XKCD! AnthonyMercer
In~deed!!! You have good taste, sir! Now to convert everyone on this website - forums, beware...
You vandalizated my page?! This will not go unavenged. So... eh... there! ~ (Nee serieus, bedankt om iets achter te laten op mijn pagina. Deze site heeft trouwens meer Belgen nodig, hoe gaan we anders ooit de wereld veroveren?) ~ Sincerely, Fresison
Heh, graag gedaan!! :) En geen zorgen, ik ben al erbij mijn vrienden te recruteren zodat zij ook de forums op stelten zetten... België voor werelddominatie!!
Hola mi amigo en musica!
Apologies for never getting back to your vandalism. I don't often go on my own page :P —0dd1
Hola!! No sabia que hablaba español!! And don't worry - as you can see, I'm not getting a lot here either!! ;)