A troper obsessed with anime, video games, cosplay, art, and theater. She came across this site while looking for web-comics, and TV Tropes has proved to suck out what little social life she has bit by bit. She lives and is studying to be an actor in the San Francisco Bay Area
She speaks English, French, Irish, and Polishnote
, and she understands Tagalog. While she leans towards Deadpan Snarker
, she and her friends tend to switch between that and Cloud Cuckoo Lander
, and all of them are performers of some sort (mostly in theater).
She is prone to Entry Pimping
. She is also, as far as she knows, the only one who's actually transcribed the River Tam Sessions of Firefly
in their entirety—go here if you want to see them
She's currently writing Hunting The Unicorn,
fanfic drawing heavily on The Last Unicorn
Pages she's made major contributions to:
Tropes Relating to Her
Tropes Prevalent In Her Writing
- Author Appeal
- Shiny Midnight Black Hair: If there's a main character, they will have this hair color.
- Celtic Mythology and all its related tropes: Partly because it's an important aspect of her religion, partly because it's badass.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Will usually be the sidekick/supporting character/ The Lancer. May be combined with a Knight in Sour Armor.
- Write What You Know / Write Who You Know: Her characters are varying combinations of Action Girl, Deadpan Snarker, Cloud Cuckoolander, Broken Bird / Troubled, but Cute, and The Smart Guy (or girl).
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She hates Downer Endings with a passion.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Whether it's a modern update or an actual knight, she makes sure at least one of her characters is this.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Like whoa. Often it's a blend of various real-life cultures.
- Rule of Cool: She runs on this.
- Fix Fic: When she writes fanfiction, it has a 63% chance of being this.
- Ho Yay / Les Yay. If characters are not established as gay, they will have some instances of this.
- Badass Family: In spades.
- Deconstruction: And in Hunting The Unicorn's case, Deconstruction Fic.
- Shown Their Work: She tries to research at least the basics of anything she doesn't know already, and she absorbs information like a sponge.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: See Bunny-Ears Lawyer and Cloud Cuckoolander. Ties in with...
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: She's working on three original novels, a movie script, and one fanfic. And she can't decide whether to keep one of the novels as-is or to convert it into another script.
- Darker and Edgier: A common treatment of both her fandoms and Fairy Tale archetypes, but she also stresses that Dark Is Not Evil.
- Doing It for the Art: She probably won't be very prolific with her tendencies to spend weeks fine-tuning minutia, but nobody will say she just didn't care.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: She subverts this and Artists Are Not Architects by using her trusty calculator whenever something involves numbers, but she does not like it at all. However, she's learned to tolerate the knowledge that she's reducing future fanwank.
Vandalism from other tropers!
I like your Archery Page-Tuefel
HI EVIL TWIN!
I just decided I like you. - Gacek
Tá Gaeilge agat? Cén fáth? Níl aon usáid as an teanga sin ar chor ar bith. Rugadh mé i gCorcaigh, agus táim i mo chónaí ann fós; rinne me dharmad a lán de mo Gailge tar éis a fhág mé mo scoil, mar bhíonn an mórchuid daoine anseo ag caint as Béarla, in ngach áit. note
- The Hero Hartmut
An cainteoir Gaeilge? Nuair a bhí tú mo shaol ar fad? XD -Dia, again.
Hi! Your trope list for your writing sounds really interesting.- Cheeseypoofs
Bonjour! Ca va? Your answer to my "Everyday Tasks Blinded and Sans Arm" thread was really helpful! I really like your trope list, also. I'm itching to learn French, in addition to the German I already take. Au revior, Mademoiselle! - Tropers/Punkreader
Hello! I just stumbled upon your page and realized we have a lot in common. Just wanted to say hi- Original Hobbit
Hey hey! A fellow Pinoy
! :D — Liberated Liberater
Look, a Distraction!
! *spraypaints wall and runs* - Stolen By Faeries
Er...Hi, Ms Sharysa. I just wanted to say I really admire your work, and...er...yeah, I'm going to get back to lurking now. Thanatos13713
DYYYNAMIC EEEN~TRYYY!!!... Hi. Nice Troper Page. You sound kinda awesome. ^_^ Karasu91
Hi. You sound awesome, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi. Zadia
Cześć! Good luck with the actor stuff! (Ninja Smoke Exit!) Oh... wait, was I supposed to leave? Hehe... bye. (Runs) -Ysa Slayer Of Sporks
A non-Catholic Filipino? I'm surprised. Oh, BTW, greetings from the mother land. — Icarael
Greetings fellow carbon unit! — TairaMai
Hi. thanks for the advice on mythopoeia,ate