Series: Sonny With A Chance
Sonny with a Chance
(2009-2011) is a Disney Channel
show about a girl who joins the cast of a kids' sketch comedy show called So Random!
. The show follows the Zany Schemes
of the cast members, as well as those of the star of melodramatic Teen Drama Mackenzie Falls
, a rival TV show that appears to shoot at the same studio.
Characters include Sonny, the Na´ve Newcomer
and Promoted Fangirl
; Tawni, the Alpha Bitch
of the cast; Nico, the show's token attractive male star and borderline Kid-anova
; Grady, Nico's best friend; Zora, miniature Zany Schemester
and borderline junior Manic Pixie Dream Girl
; and Chad Dylan Cooper, the aforementioned star of Mackenzie Falls
and token Jerk with a Heart of Gold
who consorts with Sonny and her castmates. Sonny with a Chance
is a vehicle for Radio Disney pop-star Demi Lovato
, joining other live-action Disney Channel series such as Wizards of Waverly Place
, Hannah Montana
, and Lizzie McGuire
Come the third season however, the title of the show adopted its Defictionalized version of the Show Within a Show
, So Random!
, due to the departure of Demi Lovato
(i.e. Sonny) from the cast. The format changed a bit as well, changing to a variety comedy akin to All That
, though it still features the same characters (along with new ones).
This show contains examples of:
- Absentee Actor: Sonny and Tawni were the only main characters to appear in every episode.
- Nico was missing from 2 episodes: "Sonny: So Far" and "Sonny with a Grant"
- Grady was missing from 1 episode: "Sonny: So Far"
- Chad was missing from 3 episodes: "Sketchy Beginnings", "Cheater Girls" and "Marshall with a Chance"
- Zora was missing from 19 episodes: "Three's Not Company", "Fast Friends", "The Heartbreak Kids", "Battle of the Networks' Stars", "Sonny in the Kitchen with Dinner", "Guess Who's Coming to Guest Star", "Hart to Hart", "Sonny: So Far", "Walk a Mile in My Pants", "Sonny Get Your Goat", "Sonny with a Song", "Random Acts of Disrespect", "Grady with a Chance of Sonny", "The Problem with Pauly", "That's So Sonny", "My Two Chads", "Sonny with a Kiss", "Sonny with a Grant" and "New Girl"
- Adam Westing: Selena Gomez's guest star appearance in "Battle of the Network Stars." She even managed to lampshade one of her more, ahem, prominent roles.
- All Just a Dream: In the episode "High School Miserable" when Sonny and the gang feel unappreciated about not getting what they want, they decided to write a letter to Mr. Condor about their dissatisfaction of their perks, but before that, they get a glimpse of what it would be like if Mr. Condor have gotten their letter: The cast would be fired and replaced by his daughter, Dakota, making her the one and only star of So Random! and they would have to attend a public high school. It turns out to be a total nightmare for the gang, but thankfully, is was all just a dream.
- Alliterative Name: Chad Dylan Cooper, but without the middle name included.
- Raven's character Amber Algoode.
- Allisyn Ashley Arm, who plays Zora.
- Alpha Bitch: Again, Tawni fits this description to a tee.
- Selena to a certain extent.
- Ascended Extra: The actors who played characters in the Mackenzie Falls webisodes were all given recurring roles in the actual show starting in the second season, replacing the various extras from the first season.
- Penelope even functions as the villain in Sonny with a Secret
- In fact, the entire Show Within a Show became one with the Season 3 spin-off.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: In "You Got Fan Mail", Tawni starts to fall for Eric (Sonny's fake number one fan), not knowing that Eric is actually Sonny in disguise!!.
- Awesome McCoolname: Real Life example - the actor who plays the snooty character Chad has the far snootier-sounding yet vaguely badass name of Sterling Knight.
- It's like his parents planned on him being a Disney channel teen actor.
- His full name is Sterling Sandmann Knight. His parents clearly thought they were giving birth to a god.
- For The Legend of Zelda fans, Zora.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Sonny Munroe and Chad Dylan Cooper have at least one Aw Look moment an episode, almost.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Chad and Sonny.
- Betty and Veronica: Sonny and Tawni, respectively.
- Bishie Sparkle: Parodied with the cast of Mackenzie Falls, standing dramatically with rays of light in the background whilst an angelic choir sings.
- Black Best Friend: Nico to Grady
- On Mackenzie Falls, Mackenzie has Trevor
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Tawni, Sonny, and Zora.
- Not any more - In Season 2, Sonny has raven-black hair with a glossy shine to it - or at least in the first episode. In the second, somebody re-tuned the colors, and now she's back to being a brunette, albeit a really dark-leaning one.
- Also, Snowy, Beauty, and Cindy in the sketch comedy show named "The Real Princesses of New Jersey".
- Blondes Are Evil: Averted. Tawni's mostly just a drama queen (the Season 1 finale solidified her as a Jerk with a Heart of Gold) and Chad is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who is very, very adorable in many of his moments with Sonny, especially so since Falling For The Falls Part I.
- Brother Chuck: The Original cast of Mackenzie Falls, most notably Portlyn.
- Bound and Gagged: Sonny in Sonny and the Studio Brat.
- Chad, Nico, Grady, and Tawni in That's So Sonny.
- The Cast Showoff: In addition to the more obvious example in Demi Lovato, Tiffany Thornton has been getting this treatment as well.
- Catch Phrase: Many, many, many.
- "Fine!" "Good!" "Good!" "Fine!" and variations thereof.
- Chad being the number one actor of his generation. Also using the full Chad Dylan Cooper name.
- "Peace out, suckers!"
- "EVIL!"(Whenever Dakota shows up where Zora is.)
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Zora. Sonny too, but Zora is strange even by her standards. Example from "The Legend of Candy Face":
Sonny: Zora, go get your camera.
Zora: But I covered it in dew. You know, to attract the bats.
Sonny: Okay, just go get the camera you little freak.
- Cool Loser: The 'Randoms', and So Random! itself.
- Custom Uniform: Disney seems to be fond of it lately; they did this in the "Mackenzie Falls" Web shorts tied in with the show. Then again, those are supposed to be Lampshade Hanging schlocky teen drama tropes.
- Cut Short: Due to Demi Lovato leaving the show (and in turn converting the main show to So Random), The series ends as this, with the last episode where Sonny and Chad have a small talk and Sonny sings bits of her last song while walking away.
- In short, You'll never get a chance to see Chad and Sonny get back together, or the entire Season 3. ever.
- This is especially the case as So Random! would be cancelled after one season a year later.
- The Danza: In-Universe, all of the characters on Mackenzie Falls, barring Mackenzie have the same name as their actors. (Despite the tie-in website stating otherwise)
- Dating Catwoman: The main character dating Chad, the lead character of her show's biggest rival.
- Depraved Kids' Show Host: Pauly the Polar Bear
- Disappeared Dad: Neither Sonny nor Tawni (the only cast members whose parents appear on-screen) have had their fathers ever so much as mentioned in passing on the show.
- Actually, Sonny's father was mentioned in the pilot episode; apparently, Sonny gets her sense of humor from him.
- Subverted with Chad when Hank insults first Chad's parents, then more directly his father, Chad tells Hank to "leave Dad Dylan Cooper out of this!"
- Disguised in Drag: When Sonny and Tawni can't be on the cast of an episode due to some math test related drama, Nico and Grady fill in during the "Check it Out Girls" sketch, with sexy results.
- The creepy part about that? They're EXCITED ABOUT IT.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Penelope, a member of the Mackenzie Falls cast, actually tried to kill Sonny with a bomb due to her being jealous of Sonny and Chad's relationship.
- The Ditz: Grady.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Dolphin Boy. Hopefully unintentional.
- Not to mention Tawni and Sonny's dressing room, when Tawni uses 'The Clapper'. The Les Yay in that scene throws the needle in the red - and it's implied that if the mail-guy hadn't shown up when he did...
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Like most Disney shows, Demi Lovato stars in the main role and sings the theme song.
- Dream Team: Usually if an episode is directed by Eric Dean Seaton, it's going to be a pretty good episode.
- Eat the Evidence: Played with a little bit.
Sonny: Well, if my plan works, we'll all be failing school in no time. Operation: Breakup is now underway. Tawni and I will target Bitterman, you two target Marshall, if anyone gets caught, eat the instructions. Got any questions?
Grady: Oh, uh, Sonny?
Sonny: Yes, Grady.
Grady: Well, what happens if I've already eaten lunch, so I'm kinda full? Do I still have to eat the instructions?
Grady: Well, then can you put the instructions on cake?
Sonny: No! Now go, go go!
- Estranged Soap Family: With the exceptions of Sonny and Tawni (whose moms only made a couple of appearances), we never get to see Nico's, Grady's, or Zora's parents for some reason.
- Averted with Grady, whose older brother Grant appears in two episodes in Season 2.
- Everyone Can See It: The UST between Sonny and Chad.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In the episode 'Poll'd Apart' Tawni shaves her head, symbolically. She actually just wears a bald cap. Also serves as a Shout-Out to Britney Spears during her own perceived breakdown.
- Fawlty Towers Plot: In one episode, Sonny writes a fan letter to herself under the name "Eric", and everyone else starts thinking this Eric is real, until Tawni finds out Sonny's scheme.
- Fish out of Water: Sonny in the first episode and in some of the later ones too.
- Five-Man Band:
- Five Temperament Ensemble: Sonny (sanguine), Tawni and Chad (choleric), Nico (leukine), Grady (phlegmatic), and Zora (melancholic).
- Gasshole: Gassie, a parody of America's Favorite Collie, who communicates through her flatulence.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Three girls (Sonny, Tawni, and Zora) and three boys (Nico, Grady, and Chad).
- Gilligan Cut: Happens multiple times.
- Handsome Devil: Chad. Dylan. Cooper.
- Hates Being Touched: Tawni's reaction to Sonny's hugging in the beginning of the series.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Nico and Grady.
- Humiliation Conga: Sonny of all people undergoes this in one episode, being harassed by the paparazzi constantly because of accusations that she's been stealing and revealing her friend's secrets. It was actually a member of the Mackenzie Falls cast, who was jealous of her relationship with Chad.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Several episodes are named "Sonny With A _____", "_____ With A Chance", or vice versa.
- If I Can't Have You: After the above Humiliation Conga, Penelope has Chad, Grady, Nico, and Zora trapped in an in-flight plane without a pilot and with only two parachutes, one for her and one for Chad. Since she expects Sonny to be killed by a bomb, she tells Chad to jump out of the plane with her and date her. Chad chooses Sonny, and Penelope snarls this trope before taking both parachutes and jumping out of the plane.
- If You Can Read This: Season 2 Episode 13: Sonny with a Secret has "How to build a cheese ball bomb": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyH6keukJ68&t=11m53s
- Perhaps an even better example is on Season 2 Episode 11. It looks like Demi is reading a geometry textbook, but if you take a look at the text a few seconds later, you can clearly read the words "The feces, which pass through the rectum and out the anus.": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIuSwUW95fU&t=5m0s
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: Chazz Milton Looper.
- Informed Ability: So Random being funny.
- Actually, barely anyone actually says it's funny. Not even Sonny's mother likes it that much.
- The above theory may actually be plausible, as So Random is implied to be hurting in the ratings:
Sonny: At least our show brings joy to our viewers.
Chad: At least my show has viewers.
- This counts as a Subverted Trope in that Mackenzie Falls, being a prime-time teen drama, would naturally have better ratings than So Random! - a kid's sketch comedy show. However, in the third episode of the show - 'Sonny At The Falls' - the plot centers around Dylan and his fellow cast members plotting to steal Sonny because her show has gotten more popular since she joined the cast, and they were worried that 'the Randoms' would become more popular than them. Also, (even though there was a miscount), the Randoms ''did'' beat ''Mackenzie Falls'' for the first time during Sonny's first year, and several shows have made a point of showing that So Random! was pulling in better guest-stars, including Joe Jonas and Chad himself. So Random! may not have been that funny or that popular before Sonny, but it certainly is now.
- Informed Attractiveness: Blake Raddison, and to a lesser extent, Jackson Tyler.
- I Want You to Meet an Old Friend of Mine: Selena Gomez (a good friend of Demi Lovato) appearing on So Random!
- I Was Quite a Looker: An old man in one episode that spoke to Chad, even with a picture of him looking exactly like Chad himself.
- It Is Pronounced Tro-PAY: Sharona's assistant "Moan-KAY".
- This is an intriguing variation. The implication is that her assistants name actually is pronounced that way, as opposed to being an attempt by the assistant to make herself sound classy. Sharona simply doesn't care enough to remember her real name.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Chad Dylan Cooper, as mentioned. Tawni falls into this at times.
- As of the first season finale, Tawni fits this to a 'T', as she kept Sonny and Chad's Ten Minutes in the Closet moment from bring broadcast nationwide by a jerkass.
- Jerkass: Mr. Condor dotes on his horrible daughter but will fire any of the people working at the studio on a whim.
- Dakota herself probably qualifies, doesn't she? Or is there a special trope for bratty children? Looks like it.
- There's also the principal of the school in the All Just a Dream episode, who gives the cast detention after the cast does an improvised musical number, then gives them double detention when he hears better singing.
- Gilroy Smith, the host of Gotcha from the Season 1 finale. His entire goal is to get Sonny and Tawni to spill embarrassing things about themselves and the rest of the cast. When he can't get them to spill anything, he pulls out a video shot from a camera in a gift basket to make them break their pact to each other about having each others' backs. When that still doesn't work, he hones in one Sonny's expression during her flashback to a moment between her and Chad, and then brings Chad out onto the stage. He then says that the entire reason that he brought Chad to the show was to get his and Sonny's reactions to a secretly-shot video of them that he takes out of context. And then, when Sonny and Chad flee to discuss how to handle the on-stage situation, Gilroy reveals another hidden camera, that he plans on using to eavesdrop on their conversation and broadcast whatever admissions they make to each other on air (luckily for Sonny and Chad, Tawni turns the camera off before anything really damaging is said).
- Karma Houdini: In one episode where Sonny was repeatedly harassed by a reporter that kept dumping accusations on her, it seemed like he was this at first when, after spending the entire episode piling lie after lie on Sonny, tries to play it off that he knew she was innocent. He then gets covered in melted cheese when he mistakenly steps in front of a cheese cannon. And then Tawni gets some Camera Time, which she was seeking those two episodes. Although, the screen goes funny right before she says her name, and she shouts "Oh come on!".
- Kid-anova: Both Nico and Chad tend to be this at times.
- Large Ham: Chad. Over the seasons he calms down. Also, Grant, Grady's brother, plays this trope to its fullest. He has a nice moment during an episode, but that's pretty much it.
- Latex Perfection: Used twice by Penelope in Sonny with a Secret.
- Medium Awareness: Occurs in one episode where Tawni and Sonny hear a violin variant of a Scare Chord; the first time, it's Zora's doing, the second time, however...
- To clarify: Sonny and Tawni are talking about something involving a Captain Ersatz of Gossip Girl, that is, a very influential blog. When Tawni was the blog's target and was talking about it with Sonny, a psycho string was playing, and turned out to be, as said before, Zora's doing. When asked about the second one heard, Zora said, "It wasn't me this time!"... and that's how that scene ends.
- Nice Character, Mean Actor: Mackenzie/Chad.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Sonny's overly-positive attitude has gotten the cast in trouble on more than one occasion.
- It was even lampshaded in the seventh episode.
Sonny: You know that skit that I thought would make everything better? It actually made it worse.
Zora: That happens with you a lot.
- And put out into the general public, when the term 'Sonny It Up' becomes a Catch Phrase on Mackenzie Falls. Sonny later calls Chad on it:
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The Tri-dark series. It also has several Rob Pattisons in the form of Blake Rattison and Jackson Tyler. Team Frederick!
- No, Except Yes: Sonny's mother in the pilot.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: It's glaringly obvious that Dinka was played by an American who was inexperienced with faking accents: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtaoCBYhbU&t=0m20s. Also, when Grady likes a girl, he randomly goes in and out of a scottish accent.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: In "That's So Sonny", a sort-of Mythology Gag to That's So Raven, features Raven as Amber, president of Chad's Fanclub, trying to pry information out of Nico and Grady in a horrible man disguise, similar to many times on her former show. She also tricks Tawni, by being a facialist known as Mia Babouti, who speaks in a very odd accent.
- Sonny pulls it too, and in one scene Demi Lovato, out does several years of Raven's attempted disguises.
- Playing Cyrano: Sonny for Tawni in "Sonny in the Kitchen with Dinner".
- The Power of Friendship: The Randoms for Sonny, directly after her breakup with Chad.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Penelope. Whether or not she actually dated Chad is unclear though
- Put on a Bus: Sonny temporarily will be for the third season due to Demi Lovato going to a treatment center.
- Jossed. Demi stated she won't be coming back to the show.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: With the absence of series star Demi Lovato due to various personal problems, it was recently announced that the show will be undergoing a temporary revamp with more emphasis on the Show Within a Show "So Random".
- However, the revamp is not temporary anymore. Demi won't be coming back anymore, although some of the cast members said she's welcome to come back anytime, or at least guest as herself.
- Recycled IN SPACE!!: This is essentially a rip-off of 30 Rock WITH KIDS!
- Actually, it's more of an homage to the live variety shows of The Fifties (in fact, Marshall, their producer, makes a comment in the pilot episode on how the Queen Bee sketch 'stinks on ice'. That's straight out of the post-World War II era, as are all of the characters, except for Nico (the Token Minority role he fills would have been filled by a Latino in his place).
- It could also be something of a homage to various 90's kid sketch comedy shows such as All That and The Amanda Show (it started in 99). Ironically, both of those were on Disney's rival Nick. Especially since the creator of All That works on the show. Compare Moody's Point, with Mackenzie Falls.
- Relationship Upgrade: FINALLY!
- The Rival: Mackenzie Falls.
- Ruritania: Glendovia from Season 2 Episode 2: Sonny Get Your Goat.
- Sadist Teacher: The cast of So Random's teacher, Ms. Bitterman. The woman practices scowling! However, she cheers up for an episode when she dates Marshall.
- Second Episode Introduction: Chad Dylan Cooper.
- Serious Business: How Chad (and everyone else on the show) consider their roles on Mackenzie Falls.
- Set Behind the Scenes: The studio that hosts So Random!! and Mackenzie Falls.
- Ship Tease: Sonny and Chad are shaping up to have classic Belligerent Sexual Tension.
- Taken to epic levels in the Season Finale. TELL ME WHAT THEY SAID NOW!
- Even moreso in the Season 2 opener; when Chad is in the hospital, he calls Sonny over to his bedside and from their dialogue, even Sonny believes that Chad is about to tell her that he loves her.
- And ESPECIALLY in the episode "Falling For The Falls," where Sonny and Chad start dating!
- Shout-Out: Zora appears to be patterned in part on All That alumna Amanda Bynes' "Ask Ashley" character.
- And oh so very much in the episode where Selena Gomez appeared. Everything from Wizards of Waverly Place to Demi Lovato's and Selena Gomez's real life friendship.
- The "Sicky Vicky" sketch is a more direct reference to the Ask Ashley.
- When Tawni vows not to look in the mirror for two days, she is unable to put makeup on without looking like a clown, which leads to her saying "Why so serious?" to Nico and Grady with Joker-esque makeup on.
- Don't forget the episode where Sonny meets the star of the 'Tri-dark' series, Blake Rattison. She's totally Team Frederick.
- In "Gummy With a Chance", when Sonny tells Tawni about her visions, Tawni mocks her, responding with with "Who are you? Raven?"
- Many sketches seem to be shout outs to All That. The aforementioned Sicky Vicky could be a shout out to Ask Ashley, the Check It Out Girls could be a shout out to the Inconvenience Store (especially when Nico and Grady played them), and Fasty's Really Fast Food could be a shout out to Good Burger.
- One episode of Mackenzie Falls mentions a 'freak ballooning accident', likely a direct reference to the 'Moody's Point' soap sketch from The Amanda Show
- Show Within a Show: Mackenzie Falls & So Random! are the main shows.
- Subverted, now that the show within a show is the show!
- Six Student Clique: Kind of in the same vein as the Five-Man Band.
- The Head: Sonny
- The Muscle: Chad
- The Quirk: Grady
- The Pretty One: Nico
- The Smart One: Zora
- The Wild One: Tawni
- Alternately, Sonny could be The Pretty One, Chad could be The Head, and Nico could be The Muscle.
- Soap Within a Show: Mackenzie Falls, also partially defictionalized.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's Tawni not Tawny.
- Spiritual Successor: Not the actual series so much as the "show within a show" being patterned after All That. In fact, Brian Robbins, creator of All That, is listed as a producer.
- Spit Take: Done with Sonny eating worms, Grady eating worms, and Sonny at the end of a later episode demonstrating specifically how to perform the spit take.
- Stock Footage: Some episodes have flashbacks to past episodes relevant to the subject at hand.
- Suck E. Cheese's: Arcadia, though it's probably more of a Dave & Buster's pastiche.
- Stealth Pun: The title. At first it simply sounds like it means that Sonny has a chance at X (namely being on the show) and it takes awhile to realize that its about weather forecasting.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Sonny dresses up as a guy name Eric, her fake number one fan in "You Got Fan Mail" when she hadn't received any fan mail from any of her fans like her cast-mates.
- Take That: The whole point of Mackenzie Falls. Take That, Gossip Girl!
- Also one of the episodes has a fake music video about "SPS", aka Skinny Pants Syndrome. It's both a Take That at such music videos and a Take That at Disney's Friends For Change PSA's (such as Demi's and Joe Jonas' "Make A Wave") and similar Disney Channel spots.
- Those Two Guys: Nico and Grady.
- Token Minority: Nico.
- Although this could be the result of mimicking the actual casts of skit shows like All That! and Saturday Night Live, which both have had token minorities and, interestingly enough, have Kenan Thompson in common. Considering that normal skit shows have larger casts, it's not unrealistic to assume that there is only one minority character because of cast's size. The size is probably due to the fact that Disney shows follow similar formulas, which relatively few characters main characters (usually about six) where All That! had as many as ten people at once. Sonny With A Chance has six main characters, one of whom is not even a So Random! cast member.
- Wouldn't Sonny herself perhaps be this, as a Spanish/Latino type?
- Pretty sure Demi Lovato is Hispanic.
- She has some Mexican in her; she's Mexican, Irish, and Italian.
- Tomboyish Name: Sonny, which is a tomboyish nickname for her real name, Allison.
- Too Dumb to Live: Grady once mistook an acting hopeful for Nico when the real Nico had walked into the room with him.
- Tsundere: Sonny is a Type B toward Chad. She's nice to everyone except her love interest.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Sonny and Tawni.
- Vomiting Cop: A non-cop, non-death-oriented example, with Chad actually getting so nervous over his date with Sonny that he goes 'Dolphin Boy' all over her. Apparently, Chad wasn't Nice to the Waiter, because one turned Paparazzi on him and sold the shot, making for a ''Tween'' magazine cover he'll never live down.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Taken to hilariously comic extremes by Chad, when he achieves Epic Fail after takeing Sonny out on a date and has a Can't Hold His Liquor moment (with water!), causing him to spew all over Sonny.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Zora doesn't show up for the first two episodes of Season 2, though she's been absent before in a couple episodes in Season 1. Her disappearance is never commented on or explained.
- Averted in the one hour episode where Zora doesn't appear until the second half when she returns from a Sherlock Holmes convention/workshop.
- In another Zora example, the second violin being played was never explained.
- Sonny and Tawni are constantly fighting with each other in "Sonny Get Your Goat". They make up at the end, but what caused them to argue was never mentioned.
- Who told Chad that he was the host of his (technically Zora's) reality show Celebrity Practical Jok'd?
- In "Sonny With A Song", we never found out where Trey Brothers went to after Sonny accidently made him disappear in the magic box. However, he does appear in the final scene with Chad at the end.
- Will They or Won't They?: For a long time, Sonny and Chad. Then they get together! And then they break up...and then they get back together! The final resolution will never be seen because Demi had to leave the show...
- With Friends Like These...: Sonny with both Tawni and Chad.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Chad to Sonny, when he went and asked for a recount over the Tween Choice Awards. As Sonny later told him, "You won the award - but you lost me."
- You Monster!:
Mr. Condor: Now, you go to the limo, tell the driver to take you home, and when you get home, you march right up to your room!
Dakota: Which home?
Mr. Condor: The one with the partial ocean view.
Dakota: You're a monster!
- Zany Schemes: Per Disney Channel practice.