YMMV: Sonny with a Chance
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Sonny as bisexual, with the chemistry and friendships with Tawni and one-off character Lucy. Being The Ditz, she's oblivious to this fact.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: At times the show can easily be called "Disney's Big Lipped Alligator: The Show".
- Crazy Awesome: Zora.
- Crowning Music of Awesome:
- "Me, Myself, and Time", which Sonny sings on the show precisely once.
- Also "What To Do" from the last episode.
- The title theme, doubles as an Ear Worm.
- Ear Worm:
- The "Check It Out Girls" theme song. Check it out.
- And from the episode Dakota's Revenge - "Chad Chad Chady Chad Chad".
- Chad, Chad, Chaddie, Chaddie, Chad, Chad~Chad, Chad, Chaddie, Chaddie, Chad...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Portlyn.
- Foe Yay: The driving force between Sonny and Chad.
- Sonny frequently had this with the girls like Selena Gomez, and Mel. With Tawni as well, even if she quickly grew out of it after the pilot.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Punk'd parody where Zora tricks Chad into thinking he's the host becomes more funny when the revival of the show had Justin Bieber do the same thing to Miley Cyrus
- Ho Yay: Nico and Grady, bordering on Ambiguously Gay. For example, one episode had Grady and Sonny pretending to date whilst Nico and Tawni pulled a prank. Later when they meet up they both ask "Was she better then me?" That's right Nico was asking if Sonny was a better girlfriend then him.
- Iron Woobie: Acting as Those Two Guys (or is it as a Heterosexual Life-Partners?), this trope defines Nico and Grady. When working or hanging out together, there's nothing - physical or emotional - that can hold them down for very long.
- Les Yay:
- The episode where Sonny's friend Lucy visits pinged more than a few radars. Also, Tawni and Sonny.
- "I need you. I need you! I need you! I need you! I need you more than a flower needs rain, more than a balloon needs air and more than you need a spray tan." Then they hug, and Sonny starts giggling.
- The Eric episode had Tawni trying to kiss Eric!Sonny.
- Not to mention the sheer amount of girl-fighting between Sonny and Tawni.
- "Falling for the Falls" has a few pieces of Does This Remind You of Anything?.
- Moral Event Horizon: Penelope frames Sonny for crimes she didn't commit and later attempts to kill Sonny with a bomb, just because she loved Chad.
- Nausea Fuel: Some of the "Sicky Vicky" sketches.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Sonny With a Secret": Sitting in a plane with its hatch open while wind is blowing in darkness, and you don't have a parachute.
- Portmanteau Couple Name:
Tia: And welcome back to Tia. I'm here with Hollywood's it couple du jour. Sonny Munroe and Chad Dylan Cooper, or as I've just decided to call you, Channy.
Sonny: Oh, that's cute! Channy, I like that.
Chad: Oh, we've got our own mashup name.
- Replacement Scrappy: The De Fictionalization of Mackenzie Falls led to the previous actors being dropped. The most noticeable of these is the ditzy Portlyn, Chad's onscreen love interest (who the fandom took to shipping with Nico). Her replacement Penelope didn't sit well with fans. Though above is another reason.
- Shipping: Channy (Chad/Sonny) as the Fan-Preferred Couple by a huge margin. Next biggest is Tawni/Sonny. Occasionally other ships are teased, such as Sonny/Nico in the pilot (with no Chad), and Sonny/Grady in another.
- X Meets Y: Hannah Montana meets 30 Rock.