open/close all folders
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Fluttershy, believe it or not. Throughout the episode "Dragonshy", her fear of giant dragons gets in the way of her friends' pursuit of said dragon. When that dragon actually hurts them, the timid Fluttershy "ponies up" and gives it a stern talking to (which drives it to tears), before calming down and convincing it to leave.
- She's had this from the very beginning. Friend to All Living Things or not, it takes guts to fearlessly confront a rampaging manticore. Other notable creature-related instances include "The Stare Master", where Fluttershy manages a Death Glare that lets her outstare a cockatrice, and "It's About Time," where she effortlessly subdues Cerberus.
- It's not all about animals, either. In "The Return of Harmony," she manages to outfly Rainbow Dash and shrugs off the Big Bad's attempts at More Than Mind Control, which were effective on the rest of the cast.
- And in Season 3 she gets said Big Bad to make a (sorta) Heel–Face Turn. As of Season 4, she is actually the only thing that keeps him under control, and he's a nigh-omnipotent Reality Warper! Fluttershy definitely deserves her reputation.
- Oh, and God help you if you don't love her. YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE HER!!!
- Pinkie Pie: Reality Warper Fourth-Wall Observer Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Also helps that Real Men Wear Pink.
- Don't forget about◊ Rainbow Dash! She can clear even the cloudiest sky in ten. seconds. flat!
- The Fashionista Rarity kicks manticores in the face and threatens to rip a group of adolescent dragons to pieces. That's all that needs to be said.
- Applejack's physical prowess has proven enough to stun even Rainbow Dash speechless.
- Was there ever any doubt that the Great and Powerful Trixie is considered this?
- Fanon has been known to put both Octavia and Vinyl Scratch on equal footing with Discord himself, solely through their musical ability.
- Angel is the manliest bunny in all of fiction!
- The tortoise Tank, who won himself more than a few fans thanks to his sheer persistence, simply walks into Mordor.
- In-universe example in the form of Iron Will, a tough-guy motivational speaker who constantly refers to himself in the third person and even borrows phrases from Mr. T. He's gotten a bit of this out-of-universe as well.
- Owlowiscious: he took on a frickin dragon!
- Their names are so important they can't be held to just one syllable. They face down opponents, be it cockatrice, manticore or Discord without breaking a sweat. Princess Celestia has a cutie mark of them. They are the most interesting ponies in the world.
- Zecora, as this thread concludes.
Zecora is a zebra who thinks that life is just too easy. She doesn't just travel abroad, she moves to a country where the residents have barely even heard of zebras. She learns a second language, then masters it so thoroughly that she phrases everything in rhyme just to make it harder on herself. And before she even knew the residents were afraid of her, she voluntarily chose to live in the monster-infested hellhole that is the nearby forest, because she doesn't truly feel alive unless there's a creeper staring at her through her front door every morning.-So, basically, Zecora is one of those gamers who insist on always playing at the highest difficulty level. And her game...is life.
- Princess Cadance is credited with the death of the only villain on the show to be killed (it was a team effort, but she lead the team) and considers fighting a giant worm monster to be a refreshing change off pace. This has earned her a minor reputation in the fandom as a monster fighter/slayer.
- Maud Pie can take out Lord Tirek with one punch.
- Optimus Prime is sometimes known as Robo-Jesus, or Optimus Christ. He dies for your sins in every series.
- Possibly lampshaded in Beast Wars when a holy scripture has Megatron as the Anti Christ. (Then again, this was a different Megatron the scripture was reffering to, but still....)
- And also from Beast Wars, we have Dinobot, who is the REAL Raptor Jesus.
- The longest time Prime ever spent dead was one season. The shortest time he has spent dead was 75 seconds in Transformers Animated - and he died in the third episode. Which was part of a three-episode-intro.
- He was only dead for 3-4 seconds in the Prime Cartoon but it *did* require the sacrifice of a fix everything magic hammer to bring him back that quickly.
- And then he sacrificed himself again, this time to finish restoring his homeworld. He spent the next several years training in the Realm of the Primes with Micronus Prime as his guide so he could return to Earth to face a bigger threat. Yes, Optimus Prime is now the Transformers equivalent of Son Goku.
- "Soundwave, Superior."
- Buzzsaw has become a memetic badass due to his bio and especially his Marvel Comics version, where he shot Gears in the face, ripped Mirage open, ripped off Cutthroat's arm, tore Frenzy's gun to bits and, most infamously, SHOT DOWN OMEGA SUPREME. Granted, right after that bit of glory he was obliterated by an Underbase-powered Starscream, but still...
- South Park:
- There is an In-Universe example with professional ice-skater Brian Boitano. He was originally used in the pre-pilot short Jesus Vs. Santa, and then gained true Badass status in The Movie.
- In a case of life imitating art, Brian Boitano actually does skate to "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" on occasion.
- And he got a cooking show called "What Would Brian Boitano Make". That song may have resurrected his career...
- Do not. Screw. With. Jesus. At least not in Colorado.
(Jesus is talking to two Iraqis, with his hands up.)"Yea, look upon me and know me. My children, you should know something ... (pulls a knife out of his sleeve) ... I'm packing!"
- Avatar: The Last Airbender:
- Toph, who is not blind, but merely incapable of seeing anyone less awesome than she is, and Iroh, who was not pulling himself up while training in prison, he was pushing the Fire Nation down. Toph even gets this In-Universe, one of her students is suprised to learn Toph had parents, believing she had birthed herself from a stone.
- Wang Fire. Don't you even dare suggest that he is the bearded alter ego of Sokka. The giant drill used to attack Ba Sing Se was originally built as a 1/8th scale model of Wang Fire's Wang. Which is acknowledged in a mini-comic about Sokka infiltrating the Fire Nation military using that name. It ended with him pretending to be killed while taking out a waterbender and earthbender, and being remembered as a hero. The Avatar has to deal with one firebender. Private Wang Fire◊ has to deal with the rest.
- Sokka often has fans exaggerate his intelligence from "competent strategist and inventor" to "rivals Ozymandias." Since he took out a fleet of war balloons with just two other fighters and invented both dirigibles and submersibles, he could be a realistic Ozymandias — capable of repeated moments of inventive and strategic genius, but still only human. Einstein didn't discover relativity every day. Considering Leonardo Da Vinci only theorized this kind of thing, whereas Sokka not only came up with the concept but designed functional units, and, in the case of the submersables, put the design into practice for the first time the week they would be used for an invasion, calling him an engineering genius may be understating it. Okay, he started out as a "competent strategist and inventor", but after he Took a Level in Badass he became the Steam Punk Ozymandias.
- The Mechanist designed and built the first war balloon; Sokka merely helped him with a design flaw, and Fire Nation engineers turned it from that into the massive airships we see in season 3. As for the submersible, Sokka merely came up with the idea. It was the Machinist who made it work.
- Avatar Kyoshi doesn't bend blood. She bathes in it.
- The Legend of Korra:
- Korra, without fail. And you've gotta deal with it.
- Lin Beifong, much like her mother Toph Beifong, has achieved this due to stealing the show in every fight scene she's in. Her Heroic Sacrifice has only further fueled her Memetic Badassery and strangely has also increased her mother's.
- Amon. Even before the series started, he was considered a badass by the fans. The fact that he became a Magnificent Bastard in record time and resisted the effects of bloodbending have only fueled this further.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy:
- The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog incarnation of Dr. Robotnik and his Pingas.
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold,
- Jenny Jones, a girl that once callously told Red Tornado he had no feelings. This was escalated by /co/ from being a complete brat to a Creepy Child that says horrible and nihilistic personal insults to a Nigh Invulnerable Ultimate Evil which survived, among other things, being raped by Pedobear, being shot at by Kung-Fu Jesus, a blast by Darkseid's Omega Sanction (which missed her because she was too small of a target), the Falcon Punch, The Power of Love, and assault by the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, having her lines of death cut, the efforts of the Green Lantern core, and a Chaos Dunk. This is because she is the daughter of the Anti-Spiral. Somewhat subverted in that, while she has Complete Immortality, she never really does anything to anyone except make very cruel insults while smiling.
- And Batman is one in-universe. In "Journey To The Center Of The Bat!", when The Atom suggests they leave through Batman's tearducts, Aquaman responds, "But surely, Batman never cries!"
- Speaking of which, Brave and the Bold has given
AquamanAQUAMAN back his status as this.
- The Question from Justice League Unlimited may be a certified crackpot, but he knows everything. His detective skills make Batman look like a trainee. He has even stared down the Man of Steel and told him that he's dead wrong without a second's hesitation. Let that sink in for a moment.
- Code Lyoko: Franz Hopper never takes his glasses off, because if he did, the world would split in half.
- Metalocalypse: CHARLES FREAKING OFDENSEN. You thought the "F" stood for "Foster", didn't you?
- Pharaoh Man from the Mega Man cartoon. While most Robot Masters immediately cower after Megaman steals their special power, Pharaoh Man just punched him in the face, much to the delight of the fans.
- In one of the last episodes of Duck Dodgers The narrator for documentary on Megadeth says that the band founder, Dave Mustaine was "Genetically engineered in a lab and raised by wolverines."
- Donald Duck, and his Uncle, Scrooge McDuck, according to some websites. Namely /co/ of 4chan.
- David Xanatos from Gargoyles planned not only This Very Wiki and but also Trope Co.. And Candle Jack breaks off tropers' comments mentioning him because he's Puck.
- Billy from Adventure Time is an in-universe example who crept into real life thanks to his absurdly memetic song. "Who's the greatest warrior ever, a hero of renown? Who slayed an evil ocean? Who cast the Lich King down? Billy! And that time the evil Fire Count captured a damsel fair, who saved her with such bravery that she offered him her hair? Billy! Also... He fought a beeeeeaaaaarrrr! Billy!"
- The Venture Bros.. Brock Sampson. BROCK SAMPSON. A short list:Survived at least 50 poison darts and woke up with a minion still in his death grip, survived in space without a space suit, slept with thousands of women(Okay this parts a bit exaggerated, but not by much, only three people have fought him and lived over the course of the show, killed the dog reincarnation of Hitler, along with at least 200+ plus people(and that's just on screen), served in the military and two separate super-spy, lead a group of rag-tag henchman to take on an army of advance super-villlan helicopters, and to top it all off his greatest disire isn't peace or any of that crap:He fights cowboys riding on T-Rexes, Ninjas, and scubamen on motor cycles with Polar Bears in the sidecar. Brock Sampson is badass personified. When removing a bullet from him, super-villan Phantom Limb also found three more bullets, a blowgun dart, two shark's teeth, a tip of a bayonet, a twisted paperclip, and a meager handful of buckshot.
- Freakazoid!: Sgt. Mike Cosgrove can get anyone to retreat by saying "Hey, you! Cut it out!" He's even put down◊ the Warner Brothers and sister Dot!
- Both Futurama's Bender and Zoidberg may count, as one of them is Jesus. And that's why they call him Bender the Magnificent.
- "Looting and polluting are not the way!" says Captain Planet
- Constance the badger from the animated series of Redwall.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Patrick Star. He'll take any problem and push it somewhere else!
- Recess: Miss Grotke. There seems to be some of this in-universe too, as one episode has the kids suspecting her of being a secret agent. And another gives Spinelli an Imagine Spot where Miss Grotke shows some vicious boxing talent. This gets proved Canon in the movie, where Grotke is revealed to be trained in martial arts.
- Shane Gooseman in Galaxy Rangers fanfic has a tendency of getting his badass status turned up to 11. Example: An invading armada self-destructing in their rush to turn around when they find out he is in a bad mood.
- American Dad! featured an episode in which Stan tried to teach Steve to stand up for himself by acting like (more of) a tremendous jackass. He was trying to teach Steve to "get the oranges up the stairs" through hard work, but Steve decided it would be easier to pay Stan's old bully, Stelio Kontos, to kick the everloving crap out of him. It was made meme-tastic due to the catchy chant of, Stelio! Stelio Kontos!. Watch it here.
Stan: They're up the stairs! For the love of God, you got the oranges up the stairs!
- BUT THE WIZARD IS UNDETERRED!!!
- For an in-universe version, there's Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon, known in the series as the Dragon Conqueror. Not bad for a guy with the build of a toothpick, an age in the low double digits, and only one leg. Also, in the sequel's trailer, Hiccup has basically become the Viking version of Batman. Admittedly, part of this is because his closest friend is Toothless, a Night Fury, a dragon who also qualifies, given his title as "the unholy spawn of lightning and death".
- Arthur: Mr. Ratburn
He is as knowledgeable inside the classroom as he is studly outside it.His friends once dared him to split an infinitive. He split it into quarters. Just to prove he could.Lesser men navigate the information super-roadway with a computer. He uses a 1968 Ford T-Bird.After he did a photo shoot for Alpenhorn magazine, sales of lederhosen rose by 850%.He is... the Most Interesting Man in Elwood City. And when he drinks, he prefers Dos Equis. (Or sometimes Ovaltine.)He only has one weakness. He loves cake and finds a way to show up whenever some is being served. To top it off he's skinny as a rail.
- Tommy from Rugrats is seen as a very cool kid, which is an odd feat as he's an infant who can't even talk yet.
- Carmen Sandiego, especially her incarnation in Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? She's a Badass Normal with amazing thievery skills in canon. Just how much more badass she can be depends on the fan.
- Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus is an abnormal but overall cool elementary school science teacher however fans exaggerate her into a near immortal demigod who hangs around with the Doctor and Mary Poppins.
- Dora from Dora the Explorer gets this treatment because she's a little girl exploring the wilderness with no adult supervision. As an adult she's seen as becoming Indiana Jones tier of impressive.
- Megan from My Little Pony TV Specials and My Little Pony 'n Friends is a normal teenage farmgirl... Who just happened to kill a giant, tyrannical minotaur monster with a rainbow and frequently saves the ponies from death.
- In a pacifistic version, Steven Universe will defeat any evil by BECOMING FRIENDS WITH THEM. And no, not in a Defeat Means Friendship way, although he's done that too.
- Karate from the PSAs by Street Kids Itnl. He will beat down any child molesters or drug dealers he sees trying to exploit kids.
- Marge Simpson. A freezeframe of her krumping in the episode "Little Orphan Millie" has been frequently photoshopped into fighting games and anime fights, her fight against a Super Saiyan Vegeta in an alleged "Top 10 Anime Fights" sparking the meme. Some even made complete animations of her taking on the likes of Kenshiro and winning.
Marge: I'll krump with you, sweetie pie!
- Scooby-Doo has one: Shaggy (being hypnotized to be brave), who solos a bar full of bikers without throwing a punch, causing a mildly edited video (just afterimages are added and the Ultra instinct theme) video of "Ultra instinct Shaggy" and causing a chain reaction amounting to him becoming a fan made character in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 mods and fanfics. This remark from a youtuber sums it up best
Now I know why Shaggy is a coward, the world couldn't handle him if he wasn't one.