Fan Fic / Nack and Psycho
Mostly a parody/spinoff of Sam & Max
and also a continuity reboot of the Sonic the Hedgehog
series made by Julayla
, Nack and Psycho (Fang and Psycho 牙及びサイコ in Japanese) is a fanfic series where bounty hunter Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper
and his insane and crazy Toon partner Psycho
tackle down against bad guys and crazy happenings with orders given by their commissioner. Also includes a few spinoffs set in the same continuity. More to Come...
The series can be found here.Needs Wiki Magic Love
- Abhorrent Admirer: Nack and Psycho get this from not only Elmyra, but also The Amoeba Boys and Control Freak.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: While retaining his personality from his canon version, Rasticore becomes a little more grumpy and cynical when he lost his arm and eye.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: In this series, both Treasure Island and the Freddy Fazbear Franchise have a huge strong connection with Chzo and those that follow.
- Adaptation Expansion: Some of the stories, particularly the version of The Legends of Treasure Island, tries to fill in some of the gaps and Plot Holes that are left while expanding the character developments of certain characters (like, for example, both Long John Silver and Pew).
- Adaptational Heroism: Nack and Psycho (as of some of their friends) were villains in their own respective continuities. Here, they are Crazy Awesome heroes.
- Adaptation Personality Change: Though it's more of Adaptation Character Development, a few characters are shown to have these, but one of the most notable ones shown to have these as the stories progress are Nack, Count Batula, Mr. Bump, Don in a way, Harvey, the Harvey demons, somewhat Toffee, and Pew.
- Alternate Continuity
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Arc Villain: During the adaptions of the Chzo Mythos and Five Nights at Freddy's series leading in to Season 4 of the series, it becomes clear that the arc villain is Chzo. And during the 3rd Freddy's game adaption, gains a new form in the form of Bill Cipher.
- Ascended Extra: Compared to the show he resides in, Rasticore has a bit more involvement without being blown up.
- Big Bad: Consisting of not just Dr. Eggman, but also villains like Chairface Chipendale, Maleficent, Ultra Humanite and even the Dark Legion. The most reoccurring villains are that of Dr. Eggman and The Order of Ixis led by Mammoth Mogul, Lyric, and Toffee. As of Season 4, the major villain Bill Cipher has become the Season 4 arc villain!
- The Chew Toy: This has occasionally happened to either Dingo or Don Weaso sometimes..
- Composite Character: The Legends version of Long John Silver, while retaining some of his original personality from the series he's from, also has the personalities of both Muppet Treasure Island and Treasure Planet's, which are key elements on his growing friendship on Swiper that eventually leads him to both a Heel Realization and Heroic Sacrifice to save Swiper's soul.
- Continuity Nod
- Continuity Reboot: Of both the Sonic franchise, which combines to a somewhat Ultimate Universe series and later on, once properly introduced, Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
- The Corruption: In the adaptation of Legends, the Amplifier Artifact that Pew and his Order members searched for is heavily implied to have some sort of dark corruption to anyone who wields it!
- A Day in the Limelight: The spinoffs and a few main fics consist of these.
- Daywalking Vampire: Count Batula is shown to be this in this continuity, but he wears a medallion that protects him from sunlight while keeping his usual powers.
- Dark Is Not Evil: A common running theme through some of the villains and antis throughout the series.
- Death by Adaptation: Both King River Butterfly and Gloassaryck are both dead by the time we meet Star in this series.
- Escaped from Hell: In one story, the bounty hunters break Hell to help free their loved ones. However, it turns out that it caused many escaped souls who were suppose to stay dead to escape, including Pew.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Mega Crossover
- Mercy Kill: Pew's 1770s death in this continuity's adaptation of the show he came from ends up as this as it was heavily implied that the Amplifier Artifact was corrupting him so badly, that he had to be killed by not just Jane, but Nack and Batula's assistance as well!
- Mythology Gag
- Out of Order: This is mainly due to the main and Side Stories being in Anachronic Order which jumps back and forth to tales told within different orders.
- Raised by Grandparents: Nack and Nic were shown that after they were both born shortly, their parents were killed in an accident a week or two later, prompting them to be raised by their own grandparents since.
- Really 700 Years Old: The Order of Ixis and the Serpentine (as of Toffee and Rasticore thanks to certain events), despite staying young for the most part, are true immortals.
- Due to him being a vampire, Batula himself is over 300 years old, despite him being physically in his 50s.
- Rogues Gallery: This series has many villains this series deals with.
- Script Fic
- The Commissioner Gordon: Gordon himself appears and is this. It's subverted however as it's not the real Gordon since he's been dead for years. The one posing as Gordon is Discord who actually serves as this. He stops posing as Gordon near the Season 3 finale arc.