Fanfic / Nanoha Genesis Evangelion
Nanoha Genesis Evangelion
is a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
/ Neon Genesis Evangelion Crossover Fan Fic
(of the Fusion Fic
type) written by troper Xelloss08
and published on Fanfiction Dot Net
The story follows the basic plot of Evangelion
: fifteen years after the world was devastated by Second Impact, the secret organization NERV tries to defend Tokyo-3 from attacking Angels. However, most of the characters come from the Nanoha
series. Nanoha and Fate work for NERV, using their Magical Girl
powers to fight the Angels. The fic follows their battles against the Angels, their developing relationshp, and the conflict between NERV and SEELE.
You can read the story here
. It is now complete.
Tropes that appear in this work:
- Alas, Poor Villain: While Precia's death was a long time coming her final moments, after Adam bursts out of her chest leaving her to bleed out while Precia calls out for Alicia in vain, is extremely pitiable. In the end Fate decides to comfort Precia and pretend to be Alicia so she can die happy.
- Age Lift: Due to Lindy and Clyde not getting married until after the Angel War Chrono is only 9/10 years old when we are introduced to him at the end of the series and is now Fate's younger brother (who by this point is about 20).
- Captured Super-Entity: Adam, Lilith, Tabris
- Colony Drop: The Asura
- Crippling Overspecialisation: The Mass Produced Magical Girls from SELLE, when working as a team, are virtually unstoppable being able to produce barriers that the NERV Magical Girls can't penetrate and Combination Attacks powerful enough to level the Geo Front. However their strength lies in their ability to combine their powers together and, when Hayate knocks one of their members out, their ultimately to inflexible to find other ways to help one another and decide to fight one on one battles instead which gives NERV the advantage.
- Distant Finale: The final chapter.
- Driven to Suicide: The few members of SELLE's upper echelon that managed to evade capture by the TSAB post Time Skip committed suicide after realising they inadvertently helped the magical girls reduce the power of the forbidden union.
- Dysfunction Junction: Averted since unlike the Neon Genesis universe Nanoha and company are significantly more well adjusted and are also willigng to talk to each other about their problems rather then let each other stew in it. It actually helps make the fic Lighter and Softer then Neon Genesis.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After all the chaos caused by SELLE, Precia and the Angels humanity ultimately survives the war and Magical Girls act as guardians to ensure the worlds new found peace. Not only that but Lindy and Clyde get married and raise a family together, Ritsuko is able, with Maya's help, to finally let go off her addiction to the blood of Lilith and Fate lets go of the pain of her past and becomes a well adjusted adult with a family of her own in Nanoha and Vivio.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: SEELE can't imagine that the heroes will destroy Lilith and Adam, because their power is too tempting.
- Exposition Beam: LCL injection
- Fantastic Drug: The Blood of Lilith, which grants incredible knowledge and insight. Ritsuko is addicted, and withdrawal is not pleasant.
- Fusion Fic: Nanoha + Evangelion
- Gambit Pileup: SEELE, Precia, Scagliette, and Ritsuko are all running their own gambits against each other and its headed for a massive collision.
- Groin Attack: Signum to Evangel Lucifer
- God in Human Form:
- Much like in EVA Tabris is this although he describes himself as still being made of magic not flesh.
- It is also very strongly implied during the epilogue that Vivio is in fact Adonai the biproduct of the forbidden union between Adam and Lilith when both were in their embryonic states.
- Kill Sat: The Asura, with the Arc-En-Ciel
- Let Them Die Happy: Fate pretends to be Alicia for Precia as she dies.
- Lighter and Softer: Weirdly enough despite the fact that the angels are still as monstrous as ever and there are plenty of behind the scenes drama this fanfic is significantly less dark then Neon Genesis Evangelion. As pointed out, not only are the main characters more well adjusted, but plenty of angel battles are taken care off much easier thanks to magic and lots more people survive the fic. Finally the ending is significantly more uplifting and hopeful then Eva's infamous Gainax Ending.
- Love Epiphany:
- While Nanoha struggles through little over the first half of the fic with her growing attraction to Fate it's not until she is trapped and slowly dying inside Leliel's Pocket Dimension that she realises that she was in love with Fate all along.
- Likewise for Fate it's not until Zeruel's attack on NERV headquarters which almost kills the girls that Fate realises she was in love with Nanoha too and confesses to her.
- Magical Girl
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Near the end of the series SELLE becomes worried once Adam is revived and attempts to start the Forbidden Union between herself and Lilith early so they decide to placate her by dropping the Asura on her reasoning that once Adam is reduced to an embryonic state they can capture both of the progenitors and begin the Union when their at maximum potential. Their gambit works, allowing the Magical Girls to reduce Adam to her embryonic state however in order to deprive SELLE victory the girls allow Adam and Lilith to fuse in their reduced state since, once the union begins, it can't be undone. This reduces the power of their union and makes the fusion useless for SELLE's plans.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: How the heroes deal with Lilith and Adam, eventually.
- Official Couple: By the end of the series we have three confirmed couples, Nanoha and Fate, Lindy and Clyde and Ritsuko and Maya. It's unknown if Hayate and Vita became (or at the very least stayed) a couple by the epilogue but it is possible.
- Painful Transformation: Hayate to Reinforce/Bardiel
- Portal Cut: An application of Shamal's magic
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Fuyutsuki delivers an absolutely epic one to Precia.
- Restraining Bolt: Used by SEELE on Tabris
- Seven Deadly Sins: The seven SEELE members each roughly correspond to one of the sins, in order from Pride (SEELE 01/Lorenz Keel) to Lust (SEELE 07).
- Ship Tease: There is plenty of teasing for various couples in the fic. Besides Nanoha/Fate we have Lindy/Clyde, Ritsuko/Maya and even a little bit of Hayate/Vita near the end.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Plenty of people that died in either Nanoha or Eva actually survive in this fic. Clyde for instance was a Posthumous Character in Nanoha while his Eva counterpart Kaji was assassinated during the second half of the series neither of which happens here and he actually stays alive to the very end and marries Lindy. Likewise since Third Impact doesn't happen in this fic humanity itself is spared as well.
- White Void Room: Inside Leliel
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Signum to Evangel Lucifer.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: At the start of the series, due to Precia's abuse, Fate has a very low opinion of herself and her combat abilities (especially since she only bonded with Bardiche accidentally due to a compatibility enhancer and therefore can't use her powers as naturally as Nanoha). As such she sees herself as less valuable then Nanoha initially and, during their tag team battle with Shamshel, seems confused that Nanoha would risk her life for hers. Nanoha then spends a long time convincing Fate she is special and unique and shouldn't think less of herself. After Fate suffers a brutal Mind Rape by Arael which shower her origins and a brutal beating by Precia soon after Nanoha reaffirms that Fate is sill special to her and that she lover her for who she is rather then as a clone of Alicia.